Cant install any games with WUP Installer GX or just regular WUP Installer [HELP!!!]

HearingSole

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, so basically I am currently unable to install any games with WUP Installer GX or just plain old WUP Installer.
The game I have been trying to install is Mario Kart 8 that I downloaded from Wii U USB Helper.
I always get the error:

Verify WUP files are correct & complete. DLC/E-shop require sig patch​

Even though I am running Mocha and Signature Patch when trying to install it.
I really need help with this one.
I have tried running mocha then sigpatch or sigpatch then mocha yet no luck.
Anyone have any possible solutions?
I would greatly appreciate it.
(Running Homebrew From The Browser Exploit)

Marcus777

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello, your files must be corrupted or maybe something is missing, this happens sometimes when you download a game, try again with other files

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hey guys, so basically I am currently unable to install any games with WUP Installer GX or just plain old WUP Installer.
The game I have been trying to install is Mario Kart 8 that I downloaded from Wii U USB Helper.
I always get the error:

Verify WUP files are correct & complete. DLC/E-shop require sig patch​

Even though I am running Mocha and Signature Patch when trying to install it.
I really need help with this one.
I have tried running mocha then sigpatch or sigpatch then mocha yet no luck.
Anyone have any possible solutions?
I would greatly appreciate it.
(Running Homebrew From The Browser Exploit)
Are you sure you downloaded the files in WUP format (.app/.h3 files) and not extracted (code/content/meta, Loadiine) format? Wii U USB Helper can do either.

cammex

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have the exact same problem. Everything worked fine for 1 year. Suddenly i desided to try and make a game cube wup install with the tecomoons wiivc injector.

The wup install started fine then all of the sudden the wiiu freezes. I restarted the console and after this wup installer gives me the same error as you mentioned.

I thought maybe some files got corrupted or something so i decided to try the new jailbreak called tiramisu.

The system installed as it should and still i get the same shit error when i try to install games with wup installer. The cfw is working and all but everything that requires sign patches.rpx doesnt seem to work.

And yes i know about the 01_sign patches.rpx should load with the cfw.
And yes i have put the file in the right folder.

Remember this happened after the wiiu froze and before that was working like a charm.

Some ideas?

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
This is odd, installing it with WUP Installer GX even on ofw should work fine, I honestly used my actual copy of the game though so I can’t confirm if the version that comes with USB Helper is compatible or not.

Norris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is odd, installing it with WUP Installer GX even on ofw should work fine, I honestly used my actual copy of the game though so I can’t confirm if the version that comes with USB Helper is compatible or not.
Nah you have to load cfw before installing

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Nah you have to load cfw before installing
Apparently a lot of people seem to think cfw is required to run games downloaded with usb helper but I used my wii u for over a year in ofw with games being installed on my hard drive both from my own physical collection and games I did not legally own and they ran fine, even in usb helper you can unmark cfw to see which games work on ofw and in short aside from digital only releases, region locked, and dlc, everything else works fine on ofw.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently a lot of people seem to think cfw is required to run games downloaded with usb helper but I used my wii u for over a year in ofw with games being installed on my hard drive both from my own physical collection and games I did not legally own and they ran fine, even in usb helper you can unmark cfw to see which games work on ofw and in short aside from digital only releases, region locked, and dlc, everything else works fine on ofw.
I think he's referring to installing the games. you need sig patches to do that, but you can run retail games without sig patches.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I think he's referring to installing the games. you need sig patches to do that, but you can run retail games without sig patches.
I’m talking installing the games on hard drive not running game discs, you CAN install games you downloaded from usb helper (that you don’t own) on your Wii U memory or hard drive and play them on ofw without haxchi or tiramisu, just as long said games recieved a physical release at some point they’d “install” on your hard drive and “run” without having to hack your Wii U or even be connected to the internet, I downloaded over 50 titles.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: There is an actual trailer with footage too. lol. Going to watch it tonight. Grabbed it from...