Hacking Can't import Miis from Check Mii Out on wanin 4.0

mattickus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'll admit I like to go on the Check Mii Out Channel from time to time and download some look-a-like Miis to bowl with and such. However, this is the first time I've tried to import a Mii from the Check Mii Out Channel since my upgrade to 4.0 via waninkoko's tools.

Anyhow, I can't import this Dwight Schrute mii and it sucks! I get the following error:

QUOTE said:
Because there is a problem with
the Wii System memory,
WiiConnect24 cannot be used.
Return to the Wii Menu and
follow instructions.

Error Code: 109316

I know that my wiiconnect24 is working because I just played some online Excite Bots races and my news and weather are showing up on the sysmenu. I have tried changing preloader to run off 36 instead of 60 and still no luck in importing this mii. Ugh.
wacko.gif

Anyone else have any other ideas or have a similar problem? (I searched btw and found nothing on this)

Thanks!

mattickus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, I can transfer miis to my wiimotes and the like. I just can't import from the Check Mii Out Channel. I'm NTSC btw.

Edit/Update: I tried deleting the channel and downloading it again from the Shop Channel and still getting the error.

User423

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So, I tried on my PAL, WaninkokoUpdated Wii 4.0, to download a Mii, it worked for me.
So have anybody some ideas to fix that??
When you got the error? When you select something like "Apply the Mii" or something? (I don´t know the English name ofthis point)

Come on, any little idea can be helpful!!
wink.gif

mattickus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It allows me to select the mii, give it a nickname and then after giving it the nickname when it goes to import/download i get the error.

I appreciate you testing that out for me. Maybe it's just me

SSSMOKN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This may not be much help, but, I have 3.2u still and just updated my shop channel and a couple of the IOS's and I was able to go to the Check Mii Out channel and select some mii's and download them. I haven't opened the Mii channel itself yet to see if they are there, but to this point I have not problems even with outdated firmware.

oliwa

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello Mattikus,

I'm Oliwa, from Spain.

I have exactly the same problem than you, trying to import Miis from the channel. I can play all things in that channel, view miis, vote miis, ... but when i trie to import a mii (a mii created by other people), i obtain that error code 109316. Also the problem began after installing the 4.0 firmware of the console.

ALSO, I discovered days ago that I can not receive messages from other "friends" through the console. I don't know witch is the name in english, but in the wii console, in the main menu you can choose to send messages to other friends (friends that you have registered before). Well, I CAN send messages to them (and they receive them) BUT I CAN NOT receive messages from them. It's very strange, because this time No error is shown, simply I can not recieve messages from them. ALSO, in some games, for instance Marbles! Balance Challenge, I can not receive edited levels from my friends. I can send them my levels, but i never recieve anything from them. However, I can use online in other games (playing on line), and the wiiconnect24 runs ok.

Very, very strange. I called Nintendo a month ago and they didn't know anything, that was new for them.

So, Have you solucionate the problem yet? Any idea about what to do? Have you other problems in games, as I do?

Thank you for your answer

Helsionium

Alpha and Omega
Trophies
Website
www.helsionium.eu
XP
Country
Austria
WiiConnect24 (WC24) and online gaming are not related.
WC24 manages exchanging little pieces of information (Miis, messages, levels, MP3 friend vouchers etc.) between friends, also managing the message board and related functions.
Actual online gaming usually (always?) uses Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection (WFC), a totally different, rather traditional gaming network.

Problems with WiiConnect24 are often related to damaged or missing system files. Re-installing the affected titles or even the System Menu will therefore not help in this situation. In your case, it looks like either the Mii data file or, more likely, the WC24 mailbox, which is used to store downloaded Miis until the Mii Channel is used, whereupon it is removed from the mailbox and stored in the Mii data file.

Formatting the Wii will restore these system files to a normal state, but I advise against it, it might be dangerous in certain situations and it is not even guaranteed if it will work (although I'm sure it will work if what I assumed about the error's cause is correct).

Can you open the Mii Channel and Mii Parade without problems? Can games access the Miis?

@oliwa: Can you recieve messages from within games, i.e. screenshots of Metroid Prime, Super Mario Galaxy or the Photo Channel?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Took along time to fit it in?