Gagarin

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So I bannerbomb a wii (4.2U) just like it says in stickie. I run HBC and try to run cIOS38_rev17 installer but after a second a Wii freezes completly
frown.gif

Same thing with Homebrew. Everything works, but Wad installer doesnot work at all.
Any ideas?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Did you do Virgin Wii 4.2 > HBC > cIOS Installer?
That won't work at all

You need to do: HBC > Trucha Bug restoring > Removing stub IOS > cIOS Installer
Like the stickied guide and the guide in my sig tell you
wink.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah the new Wii's , or the latest updates prevent you from installing a cIOS because nintendo have removed the trucha bug that allowed these to be installed - there is a way to get it all working again (tj's sig tells all) but its a bit more complicated than the original and needs to be followed step by step exactly.
Also , be careful removing the stub IOS as any title deleter is an exceptionally useful but also dangerous program and deleting the wrong thing can give you a nice white paperweight.

Best of luck with it all - hope you get ur wii sorted !

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TRushInfo said:
yet another useless thread because someone didnt read the goddamn guide. Will it ever end?
No it wont , and complaining about it doesnt help either. This has gone on since day one and no one minds helping someone who is stuck or who got the wrong guide, but we cant do anything about the people who give out for no reason or because they feel they have the right to because they got things done themselves at one stage.

Gagarin

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanx, and sorry for trouble. My wii is modchipped and it is a first time when I deal with softmod. One more time thank you and apologize for asking obvious questions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr