keldoggg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
babyshambles.net
XP
Country
I have downloaded two different Zelda ROMs and after writing them to a 2Gb microcard, neither will start up.

After I have gone into NDS Profile, the game cart shows that is there and the music is playing but when I tap on the game icon, a black screen appears saying the 'game card has been removed'

I am running 3DS v4.2 and an r4i Gold 3DS deluxe edition cart

Any ideas why it won't run?

Thanks

Jo26

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Afaik it requires a newer firmware so it will only work if you have an updated emunand (don't know if r4i offers emunand).

keldoggg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
babyshambles.net
XP
Country
Okay, thanks Jo.

Can any experts give me advice on this please? Is it easy to do without affecting the console's firmware.

Could I get an idiots guide - step by step - to do this safely please?

Thanks

Reactions: MorphaX

Jo26

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Check Hacking and Homebrew section, plenty of info there.
To install emunand you need a Ds flashcart. It's not that complicated, but I don't know if you'll be able to use your r4i card with it (I don't know much about other carts besides gateway).

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you dont need to set up emunand to play zelda albw on gateway ,not sure about r4 gold though ,roms that need higher fw still work
you could try to update your real nand to 4.4
try a different dump, and try to use another msd card writer

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
you dont need to set up emunand to play zelda albw on gateway ,not sure about r4 gold though ,roms that need higher fw still work
you could try to update your real nand to 4.4
try a different dump, and try to use another msd card writer

Zelda works without emunand on the latest updates
only card that wont is MT-CARD because its using a 4.5 Native_Firm in there SD card file, where all the others are using a 7.0

he is failing to boot into the MSET Exploit to get the card to load
most likely from not installing it

MorphaX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I Had same problem but you have to play zelda with 3.2 firmware but make sure r4i gold 3ds not insert it after you enter r4i boot mode then you can insert r4i gold 3ds

keldoggg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
babyshambles.net
XP
Country
Pong, as I mentioned in my first post, I am using the r4i 3DS gold deluxe.

I am also using the NDS exploit in the profile. My kids are able to play every other game I have d/l including MK7, Luigi's Mansion 2, Super Mario Land etc etc.

But, Zelda/worlds will not run.

Does anyone else have problems running this game and if so, might it be the r4i that needs updating?

If the r4i needs updating, is it safe to do so - I mean it won't render the flashcart or console useless will it?

I note from what MorhaX says, the r4i may need updating but what is this r4i boot mode you mention? and once that is done do I have to go into the r4i boot mode every time or is it a one time fix?

Thanks

MorphaX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Pong, as I mentioned in my first post, I am using the r4i 3DS gold deluxe.

I am also using the NDS exploit in the profile. My kids are able to play every other game I have d/l including MK7, Luigi's Mansion 2, Super Mario Land etc etc.

But, Zelda/worlds will not run.

Does anyone else have problems running this game and if so, might it be the r4i that needs updating?

If the r4i needs updating, is it safe to do so - I mean it won't render the flashcart or console useless will it?

I note from what MorhaX says, the r4i may need updating but what is this r4i boot mode you mention? and once that is done do I have to go into the r4i boot mode every time or is it a one time fix?

Thanks

Listen,The update is very safe you only need download firmware 3.2 here is the link :
http://r4ids.cn/news.htm
Beside,when you will download it put launcher.Dat in 3ds micro sd card then go to system setting >>> Profile then ds profile and make sure you hold (L),After you enter R4i Mode then go to Back-up nand and wait a few time after that go to format nand and wait too a few time,after that go to r4i gold 3ds boot mode but make sure the r4i gold 3ds not insert it after you enter r4i mode and then insert it and you will play the latest 3ds games

SLic3R

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys I am having similar problems running Zelda Link Between Worlds, start the game and is says " game card removed".
I cannot seem to get my 3ds into R4i Gold boot menu, I do the following steps :
Settings--->Other Settings--->Profile---->Hold (L) and tap DS Profile, the music keeps playing but the screen stays glitched nothing else happens until I tap (R) which boots it into starter mode ready to play 3ds roms.
Any Ideas?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt