Hacking Can't get the world ends with you to work m3ds real

metalhead15

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got the world ends with you and was eager to play it only to find that it freezes almost immediately. First it would freeze right when those frog things initially come out. Then i figured out the trick to wedge the m3 card with a piece of folded paper to make the contact better. after I did this I could at least get thru that part, but now it freezes during the opening cinematic. What gives, anyone else have this problem?

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The latest firmware is 4.2d, also if it is still causing problems format the SD with panasonics SD formatter. Reload all the files and then try again.

eureca

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah its a problem with I believe alot of the cards if not most.

The trick to get past it is right before you get to the spot where it freezes you open and close the ds lid again and again making it go in and out of sleep mode till it gets past that part. It worked for me I did it a few days ago.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it really has to do with the MicroSD card
tends to freeze on sandisk cards and a few other brands but mostly them

I havnt had any freezing

ZonMachi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm since I haven't had any problems with a Kingston 4GB SDHC Card I am guessing also that is is your MicroSD Card

Xuio

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It freezes on my Sandisk 2GB (not sdhc, non ultra), Sandisk 6GB Class 4, A-data 8GB Class 6 and Transcend 4 GB Class 6. Maybe it depends on M3 Real PCB...

Cheater388

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The frog scene movie freezing is a piracy protection by the rom itself (fixed by latest firmware \ sleep mode fix). If you have the latest firmware, then the only thing I can recommend is opening and closing the lid like you did for the frog scene. I never had a problem with the opening movie but the game did freeze rarely during fights before upgrading the firmware; I have a Sandisk 8gb class 4.

metalhead15

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
flipping the ds open and closed a bunch of times. seems to have done the trick. Well I also formatted the micro sd card, so I can't say exactly what did it, but suffice it to say that it works fine now. Thanks

powerpuff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a protection, but it's also to do with the speed of your card.

I love how people go by the "Class" rating. Transcend "Class 6" is nice stuff, but it's not THAT MUCH faster than SanDisk.

I have Kingston Japan, and have NO problems with ANY games. Transcend? Problems with TWEWY and Castlevania. SanDisk? Same. A-Data? Same.

Kingston Japan is literally TWICE as fast as SanDisk. 35-40% faster than A-Data or Transcend "Class 6".

That's why these things fail.

powerpuff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll elaborate a little.

Go get HDTach, and a good MicroSD adapter (cheapo ones and adapter cards are no good).

Then run tests on each MicroSD, making sure to reboot between them to clear the cache.

You'll discover that Sandisk is, CLEAR ACROSS THE BOARD, about 9-10MB/sec. reads. Every product, every size. It's really reliable stuff. Always the same.

Kingston Japan varies by size, but the 2GB sticks run about 18MB/sec., and the 1GB about 20MB/sec.

A-Data and Transcend are all over the place. Their Class6 stuff is USUALLY faster than SanDisk, but sometimes it's only 11MB/sec. and sometimes it's 18MB/sec. and you never know what it will be, it depends on the fab and the batch and place of manufacture, etc.

I can never find the link on here that had a nice chart of RAM batches and speeds, but I know I've seen it. And it's amazing how many people don't know about it.

But I will tell you - $6 from New Egg gets you a 2GB Kingston Japan, shipped, that I guarantee will run TWEWY.

nagareboshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
thanks for the info powerpuff!
so that means that the 4gb kingston sdhc stick is slower than the 2gb. and it has to be kingston japan?
hmm. interesting.

Goshogun1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yesterday I was going through the same thing on my 8GB SDHC Sandisk. After 3 freezes, I went and turned on the "slowmotion" settings (near the cheat menu on the M3) to max, and activated them when the game began. For some reason it worked, and the FMV played fine with no freeze. I heard this worked for a few other people too. Anyway, hope it works.

powerpuff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Goshogun1 said:
Yesterday I was going through the same thing on my 8GB SDHC Sandisk. After 3 freezes, I went and turned on the "slowmotion" settings (near the cheat menu on the M3) to max, and activated them when the game began. For some reason it worked, and the FMV played fine with no freeze. I heard this worked for a few other people too. Anyway, hope it works.
Yes, that might work simply because it will be pulling the data from the card more slowly!

AXYPB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
powerpuff said:
It's a protection, but it's also to do with the speed of your card.

I love how people go by the "Class" rating. Transcend "Class 6" is nice stuff, but it's not THAT MUCH faster than SanDisk.

I have Kingston Japan, and have NO problems with ANY games. Transcend? Problems with TWEWY and Castlevania. SanDisk? Same. A-Data? Same.

Kingston Japan is literally TWICE as fast as SanDisk. 35-40% faster than A-Data or Transcend "Class 6".

That's why these things fail.
I'll take your word for it, but I've experienced no freezing with any of the Castlevania games. Strangely, I've seen occasional freezing with other games, but I think this had to do with the brightness control codes. Disgaea DS only freezes up (and rarely at that) when I leave the DS Lite Backlight Control code turned on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse