Can't get startpatch 4.1 to work fully

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by MatteKalle, Mar 19, 2010.

Mar 19, 2010
  1. MatteKalle
    OP

Newcomer MatteKalle Newbie

Sweden
    I have wiikey2, I have system menu 4.1E, and I have startpatch 4.1E.
    Although I have some ntsc-games that wont play from the system menu. The most of the NTSC-games work but some doesnt. This include Pro Evolution Soccer 2010, Nascar Kart Racing and No More Heroes 2. I have to use gecko to get them to work. Today I discovered the option to install the "force disc region-patch" in startpatch. I installed it and then I could start this games from discchannel...although another problem arised with this patch installed =(. When I am in a game and I try to exit the game and go back to the wii menu the screen doesnt go back. Instead the screen goes black and I have to hardreset.

Do you have any suggestions to get things to work? Thank you in advance!

2. Riicky

Member Riicky GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    i always got conflicting results with using both the "force disc region" patch, and the "region free wii games" patch, try turning one on and one off, then vice versa

3. MatteKalle
    OP

Newcomer MatteKalle Newbie

Sweden
    I have tried different combinations. It seems like the only way to get these specifik games to run is by turning the "force disc region" patch on. I have tried to turn of "region free wii game" (or "region free wii discs" as it is called in my version of startpatch) and that doesnt help to get the games to go back to the wii menu properly =(.