Can't get .sav to work in VBA

Discussion in 'GBA - Emulation' started by science, Apr 10, 2007.

Apr 10, 2007

Can't get .sav to work in VBA by science at 6:27 PM (1,354 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. science
    OP

Member science science rules

Canada
    I can't get this .sav to work in VBA. It's a backup from my EZ-V 3in1. I have had other backups from it work, but can't get this one to work.

Can anyone see if they can get it to work for me please?

POKEMON FIRE.sav

2. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    Player: Jacob, 21hours, etc?

Open fire red in VBA, (if it whitescreens goto options>emulator>savetype>flash 128 then reset to get the game to load) then import the save file (file>import>battery file). Whitescreen. Reset, the game loads, tried to tell me the save file was corrupted but seems perfectly happy to use it anyway.

If that doesn't work, make a copy of the savefile, open it in a hex editor and knock off enough trailing zeros to get the save size down to 128. Then import it to VBA.

3. science
    OP

Canada
    Thanks, but I tried all that and I couldn't get it to work. I tried downloading a new VBA and still it wouldn't work. Are those the only settings I need to have checked off? And I'm using the ROM version 1.1. And I have no idea how to work a hex editor.

4. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    Ahhhh I'm being a div; import the save file, then select the "flash 128" option in the menu (I know it's already ticked but click on it again, for some dumb reason it makes a difference over here), then reset. Tested on VBA 1.7.3 and 1.8.0beta3.

5. science
    OP

Canada
    Hooray! Thank you so much! You are my hero!!!