Hardware Can't get rid of corrupted file

fossda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried the delete the game data for GT5, but instead of disappearing, it changed to 'Corrupted File'. When I try to delete this, it just says 'The system storage cannot be accessed.' When I try any of the options in safe mode, it just says 'Preparing...' forever. When I try to back it up to an external hard drive, it says 'Preparing' and then throws up an error message. Everything else works fine. Please help!

fossda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Turned the system off, rebooted it in safe mode, selected option 2 (restore system setting) but now THAT's taking forever, did it over an hour ago

xcrimsonstormx

He called me a Nerd, I called him an Ambulance.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Might be a bad hard drive might need to get a new hard drive if you can't get anything else to work, even a new hard drive isn't guaranteed to fix it, if it is part of the nand on the console.

fossda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
but i don't want to lose all my data :( and every time i try to backup to an external hard drive, it comes up with an error.

fossda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
When I start it up normally, it doesn't go into safe mode, it just comes up with the 'The file system is corrupted and will be restored.' screen. When I press x, it does it, but now freezes at 16%

xcrimsonstormx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see, I really don't know what to tell you, the only thing I know to do is to call Sony, and see what they can do, like I said you might have messed with the NAND accidentally, and caused a semi-brick on your PS3. Sorry :(

fossda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It was working fine a few days ago, except for a few minor problems. Then when I put in safe mode to try to get rid of the corrupted file, I couldn't get it to work again :(

xcrimsonstormx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok it sounds like either 2 issues, one it is a faulty HDD and you will need to replace the HDD or two you semi-bricked you nand and you'll have to send it to Sony to be unbricked, those are just my guesses they could be wrong since I can't actually look at you console. Sorry about your issue.

fossda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Last time I had the issue, as I said in my previous thread, I somehow managed to fix it by starting it up normally XD, I now firmly regret trying to delete that corrupted file in the first place, it was working fine before...

fossda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Tried it again yesterday morning, by the evening it had got up to over 40%, and I left it on overnight, but when I checked it this morning, it had turned off by itself sometime in the night... and when I turned it back on, it went back to the original error screen. Maybe it crashed sometime in the night, I don't know...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking +1