Hardware can't get rid of air bubbles on Nintendo switch screen protector

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
no matter how hard i push the air bubble won't go away and the screen protector i got was like 10 dollars.
There's probably dust underneath it, once dust gets on the screen protector it's very hard to get rid of but you can try with scotch tape and hope you don't introduce even more dust in the process (which is often what happens)
Also any time you're applying screen protectors it helps to apply from one corner, slowly peeling off the protective layer while applying with a plastic card and going to the opposite corner, the plastic card should be right up against the edge of the protective layer where you're peeling. And always wipe the screen thoroughly, then when you are ready to start peeling and applying, give it another thorough wipe just to make sure. And after wiping keep the screen protector above the screen at all times so it acts as a dust shield so hopefully dust won't get a chance to get underneath there.
It's best not to get dust underneath in the first place, but sometimes it's unavoidable (particularly with larger screens or screen protectors with very tight tolerances where you end up having to take it off and reposition it)
I find that if I get it on perfectly the first time it usually won't have dust under it but if I have to take it off to reposition it there will most likely be 1-2 specks of dust. Usually near the edge though so it's not a huge deal.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
Reactions: KiiWii

abdul85pl

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
no matter how hard i push the air bubble won't go away and the screen protector i got was like 10 dollars.
get rid of it and buy jet tech tempered glass.
perfect fit, easy instalation (with dust cleaner, guiding stickers and all the stuff) no bubbles, 10 $ for 2 pcs
IMG_20180524_071251.jpg

Last edited by abdul85pl,

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glass or not, that method still works
Glass can't be bend and if its good is just put it and it will be sucked, most only need pressure on the center... If you go like that from side-to-side, if you push with the tissue just a bit of pressure will bend it and break the glass lol...

Glass protectors have 0 protection when bent, they only get strong when they are flat on a hard surface, then they will be protecting, if you bend just a bit it breaks...

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'll have to pull it up and get the speck with tape or leave it. Those are really your only options. If you want to try to avoid even more dust particles when you pull it up, run a hot shower for a few minutes then perform the procedure in your bathroom. The steam is supposed to make dust sink. Also do it shirtless or even nude to avoid even more potential dust sources.

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't believe that some people are clueless enough to they need video to make things so f*simple, like using tape.

Pip'
I wasted five glass protectors until I was happy and mine has not a speck of dust that can be seen under it but that's because I'm a crazy person. I did each one the same way. I removed the protective layer and placed the screen protector right down on top of the switch. It was near perfect every time but there's always that FUCKING SPECK OF DUST that makes me go fucking mental and I will have none of it. And then I got it perfect on my second switch first time. I'm crazy. Don't be like me. There are no tricks, you simply need to apply any protector as quickly as possible because dust will just continue to get stuck on the sticky layer and on the screen. On any device like phones. I don't care about my phone though. My handheld gaming devices though....they will have perfect screen protectors or NO screen protectors.

Last edited by isoboy,

Michael Morsette

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember on my android tablet, Xoom, I used a screen protector that had a wet application mechanism. I wonder if that could be emulated for other screen protectors. Maybe an alcohol spray?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: quite a tight bend on that 8pin->12pin adapter in my case, which is the worst case scenario, but...