Can't get rid of a bugged Download Later title

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by NoThisIsStupider, Apr 27, 2016.

1. NoThisIsStupider
    OP

NoThisIsStupider GBAtemp Regular

Dec 6, 2015
    Canada
    I was messing around with that FBI 2 ticket injection, and tried downloading Retro City Rampage, which my previous install kept reporting there was an update but never letting me download it (I'm assuming that means it wasn't a good). I removed that previous install, and tried to install it again from the eShop with ticket injections. It stopped at 96%, and threw an error. The problem is that now it's on my home menu, and gives a notification to go into sleep mode to download, which, while minor, is annoying.

The point is, is there a manual way to delete download later stuff, like wiping a list or something that tells the 3DS it needs to download that? The FBI 2 pending titles thing didn't get rid of it, and title id searches of my Nintendo 3DS folder and main NAND partition came up blank (could be due to windows 7 having crap search functions). I would like to avoid returning to a NAND backup if possible.

2. Dracari

Dracari GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 5, 2009
    United States
    if you wanted RCR bad enough right now Humble bundle's got another "Humble Nintendo bundle" w/ RCR in the "Pay atleast 1$ to get" section. but i could be wrong you may need to revert to a Previous backup.

3. Asia81

Asia81 In my Ecchi World <3

Nov 15, 2014
    France
    Albi
    in FBI, you can delete a "dowload later stuff" iirc

Xenosaiga likes this.
  4. NoThisIsStupider
    OP

NoThisIsStupider GBAtemp Regular

Dec 6, 2015
    Canada
    I mention that FBI 2 didn't delete it in my post, also, when I was doing this, the new humble bundle either wasn't out or wasn't reported on reddit or anything where I discover that stuff.

But anyway, this morning, I turned on my 3DS, and it threw an error on boot about the game failing to install, and it disappeared off my home menu. I then reinstalled Retro City Rampage, and it now works fine. I'm not sure exactly what changed, as power cycling it before did nothing, but I guess there's some kind of code to prevent them from lurking on the home menu forever.

(It could have been caused by outdated AuReiNAND (I updated to Luma3DS after it happened)