Can't get Rebooter to remove no copy flags.

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by smashdude, Jul 1, 2010.

Jul 1, 2010
  1. smashdude
    OP

Member smashdude GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Someone told me that I can copy over Wi-Fi games to unmodded Wii's by using the Gecko rebooter (remove no copy flags) so I did that and it STILL did not show it as removed. It still says no. Can someone PLEASE help? I need to copy over Brawl and Mario Kart data to my friend's Wii.

2. smashdude
    OP

United States
    Has anyone been able to copy Brawl and Mario Kart Wii data to a friend's Wii?

3. Lexip;

Member Lexip; GBAtemp Fan

United States
  4. smashdude
    OP

United States
    Alright my last question is can I do this with an existing SD card that has other games saved on it*? Do I have to wipe my card clean? I only want to bring one card to my friends house to copy over all of my saved games.

5. smashdude
    OP

United States
    Ok I have downloaded the boot.dol thing in the link but there is NO private folder listed in the link. What do I do? I am stuck after downloading the boot.dol, putting it on the root of the card, and running it. Where did they get this private folder from? Also can I use the type of SD card that I listed in my above reply? Thanks in advance!

6. Burton

Member Burton Real Life VIP and Educator

Puerto Rico
    If what you are trying to do is copy your save data to your friend's wii why don't you use savegame manager ?

7. smashdude
    OP

United States
    Savegame manager does not work on their wii since it is 4.2 and a virgin. Just answer my above questions please. Also burton I have been PMing you. Have you received them? PM me back please and tell me if it works. Savegame manager will not work on a virgin wii. It reads "unable to load save". I need cIOS 249 to work it. Just help me with pussie loader than I will be fine and stfu for good.

8. giantpune

Member giantpune GBAtemp Addict

United States
    follow the instructions for bannerbomb v2. these will be in pretty much every wii hacking guide on the internet. but instead of using it to load the hackmii installer ( boot.elf ) use it to load pussieloader ( boot.dol ).

9. smashdude
    OP

United States
    Alright thanks but can this be done on an SD card with existing other save data on it? I want to bring just one wii over to my friends house with lots of save game data on it. Can I keep the saves I already have on it or does it have to be wiped clean? After this I will go try it out.

10. smashdude
    OP

United States
    or can I not use the same SD card as the one that I have other games saved on for pussie loader? I have anout 5 games saved on the one that I want to use for the pussie loader.

11. giantpune

United States
    what do the instructions for bannerbomb say to do?

12. smashdude
    OP

United States
    ygh wipe it clean? I am not sure mang. The hackmii installer told me to wipe it clean and the Homebrew Channel told me to wipe it clean but I am not using it that time am I?

13. giantpune

United States
    jesus fucking christ. where on this site does it say anything about "wipe it clean" ? http://bannerbomb.qoid.us/index.new.php
    if you cant even follow the 4 steps to use bannerbomb, i dont think you need to be trying to transfer save data between wiis.

14. smashdude
    OP

United States
    Alright thanks man I have been checking the bannerbomb on the Wii Brew site and it said it needed to be wiped clean but based on taht link I don't need to. I will try it out and see how it goes. I use boot.dol file instead of boot.elf, right? No hackmii installer basically. God bless!

15. smashdude
    OP

United States
    Alright my Wii freezes when I try to load the .dol. Can anyone please help me? I have tried it over and over but it still gives me the blank screen.

16. W hat

Member W hat Rhythm Heaven Fan

United States
    You could have told us about this thread in the other thread. Ugh.

I see what you're trying to do. It is not too difficult. You don't even need pussieloader if your own Wii is hacked correctly.

THIS MIGHT NOT WORK WITH BRAWL! IT HAS CHECKS FOR SAVE MODIFICATION! SINCE YOU'RE CHANGING BANNER.BIN, IT SHOULD BE OK.

1. Can your Wii run games from a USB Loader?

If it can, continue.

2. Get Savegamemanager GX.

Save Game Manager GX

3. Get Madedit

http://madedit.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

4. Extract the save you want to copy with savegamemanager GX.

5. Open banner.bin (in folder /savegames) with Madedit on your computer.

6. Click on the row marked "8" in the main window.

7. Hold down ALT and press the 3 key above the E. (Not on numpad)

8. At the top of the screen, look at the numbers going across. "00 01 02 03 04 05 06 07"

9. Click on the 1 part of the 01 under the 07.

10. Press 0 one time.

11. Save and quit.

12. Put the SD card back in your Wii and load up SGM GX again.

13. Install the save file.

14. Go to the Wii menu again.

15. Go to copy the save file from the menu, not from SGM GX.

16. The save can be copied as many times as you want until you play that game again. Then it cannot be copied without doing these steps again.

17. smashdude
    OP

United States
    Look, all I want is a simple hack which pussie loader is. I do not understand why my wii screen freezes when I load the boot.dol. That is my one and only problem with getting this hack to work. Understand?

18. W hat

Member W hat Rhythm Heaven Fan

United States
    Follow this guide. A 50+ year old casual Wii owner could do it when I showed it to him.

* Save files you copy will need to use the same trick to be copied back. System menu 4.3 disables this trick.

What You Need

* SD card
    * This folder
    * This file
    * System menu 4.2

How to Use

1. Put your SD card in your PC. If it has a "private" folder, rename it to something else. (ex. "private-old")
    2. Put boot.dol on the root of the SD card. (not in any folders)
    3. Put the new "private" folder on your SD card.
    4. Put the SD card in the Wii.
    5. Eject any discs from the Wii DVD drive.
    6. Start the Wii.
    7. Go to the SD card menu.
    8. "Load boot?" - Yes
    9. Menu should reboot.
    10. Go to data management
    11. You can now copy any save file. The "copy" button will be grayed out, but you can still press it and have it work.
    12. Don't forget to get your SD card back to the way it was if you changed it. (New save files will be in :/private, the hack will be in :/private/wii/title/aktn/, old folder will be whatever you renamed it to)

19. smashdude
    OP

United States
    Alright will do this yet again since it is the pussieloader hack and I will tell you whether or not the wii screen freezes when I load boot.dol after clicking yes on the SD card menu to load it. First I will move all of my existing data to another section of my computer, then format on fat default, then extract the bannerbomb folder once downloaded. Ok?

20. smashdude
    OP

United States

Once again it still FREEZES my Wii screen whenever I try and load boot.dol from the SD card menu. I have done all of your steps correctly. I just do not know why it always freezes my Wii screen. WHY DOES THIS KEEP ON HAPPENING? I have done everything PERFECTLY. Yes perfectly. Extracted asdfasdfsa then double click and move private to the root. Boot.dol on the root. Those are the ONLY things on my card. I need an explnation as to why my Wii screen freezes when loading boot.dol.