PS1/2 Can't get OPL to recognize PS1 games and Apps

OldGnashburg

Cobra Chicken Summoner
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm trying to get OPL to recognize Apps and PS1 Games, for PS1 Games, I put all the POPSLoader stuff in what should be the correct place, and I create a partition called __.POPS, and put my PS1 VCD's in there in what should be the correct name format. But OPL still won't list them. Am I doing something wrong? Also is there a good tutorial on how to install apps because OPL doesn't recognize any of them on my Hard Drive either, I put them in the APPS folder in my OPL Partition, also is there a collection of all the boxart for OPL I can download?

rs1n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apps require a config file listing the app name and the path to the program itself. POPSTARTER VCD files need the special file name (huma_dawii explained it). Also make sure you enable the apps and PS1 games in the OPL settings menu.

rlvbrussel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm trying to get OPL to recognize Apps and PS1 Games, for PS1 Games, I put all the POPSLoader stuff in what should be the correct place, and I create a partition called __.POPS, and put my PS1 VCD's in there in what should be the correct name format. But OPL still won't list them. Am I doing something wrong? Also is there a good tutorial on how to install apps because OPL doesn't recognize any of them on my Hard Drive either, I put them in the APPS folder in my OPL Partition, also is there a collection of all the boxart for OPL I can download?

Hello

Can you post your pictures of you structuur HDD and MC.

kid sampson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I once had my PS1 games all setup correctly and working. Then I updated OPL and things completely broke. I think I read somewhere that a couple of guys were fighting and that resulted in a change to the way PS1 files were handled or something? Anyway, I never took or found the time to set everything back up again with whatever new format is required.

rs1n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Different versions of OPL require different setups for POPSTARTER. As for apps, you need to create a config file that lists the app name along with their location on the hard drive. Artwork can be downloaded through OPL Manager.

rs1n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  1. Create a text file named conf_apps.cfg
  2. Add lines following the scheme below:
    Code:
    uLaunchELF=mc0:/BOOT/BOOT.ELF
    Super Nintendo Games=mass:/ELFS/SNES.ELF
    Sega Games=pfs0:/APPS/PGEN.ELF
    Simple Media System=smb:/SMS.ELF
  3. Copy the config file over to your OPL partition or wherever all your other config files are located.

OldGnashburg

Cobra Chicken Summoner
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
  1. Create a text file named conf_apps.cfg
  2. Add lines following the scheme below:
    Code:
    uLaunchELF=mc0:/BOOT/BOOT.ELF
    Super Nintendo Games=mass:/ELFS/SNES.ELF
    Sega Games=pfs0:/APPS/PGEN.ELF
    Simple Media System=smb:/SMS.ELF
  3. Copy the config file over to your OPL partition or wherever all your other config files are located.
Thanks, quick question though, is pfs0 your HDD or is it something else? I'll try using it first anyways.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.