Can't get Madworld to play

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by El-Grosso, Jun 9, 2009.

Jun 9, 2009

Can't get Madworld to play by El-Grosso at 7:47 PM (774 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. El-Grosso
    OP

Member El-Grosso GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I recently updated to v4.0 using assassda's guide found here http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835, which also let me run 1:1 backups off the disc channel. All my games seem to be working fine, but I tried my 1:1 version of Madworld, and I got DVD read error 559, so I wrote another DVD and the same thing. All my other games seem to be working which is the strange thing. :s I'm also using the 002 fix gamma edition which apparently fixed Madworld, but that didn't work either.

Please help, thanks.

edit: the game is also usa version if that counts, though i enabled skip update in preloader 0.29.

2. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    wich CIOScorp version do you have installed...?? [​IMG]

3. manias

Member manias GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    usbloader! [​IMG]

4. El-Grosso
    OP

United Kingdom
    Maybe when I have the money for a hardrive, hehe.

edit: in more detail, cIOScorp1.01

5. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    Well you need to know exactly wich version is, cause I have v1 and it works great, and there is like 30 different SoftMii packages, you really need to know what shit you install in your Wii, I read somewhere that v2 was giving troubles, best to use v1, search for an old softmii package, 1.0 or older...!! [​IMG]

6. El-Grosso
    OP

United Kingdom
    But what does cioscorp have to do with running Madworld? I doubt it would haveran on neogamma even if I didn't install it, the only reason I installed cioscorp, was so I could play games from the disc channel.

edit: maybe theres an ios i'm missing or something like that? how can i check that i have absolutely everything that i need? or maybe starting fresh would be the best option.

edit2: i noticed i had rev 13 installed, and after some searching, it's quite buggy. so i installed rev 10, but im still getting the same problem, dvd read error 559.

7. El-Grosso
    OP

United Kingdom
    has no one else suffered from this problem? i've also gotten the DVD Read Error 349 from trying to run it, as well as 559. surely there are solutions to fix these?