Can't get Jungleflasher to find my Hitachi drive

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by Sportsmaniac1322, May 24, 2009.

1. Sportsmaniac1322
    OP

Member Sportsmaniac1322 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I've tried everything, but for some reason JUngleflasher won't recognize my drive. Someone mentioned that I should try to use SLAX, but even that isn't really working (although his instructions were very vague, so I'm not sure if I did it right or not. I manually installed PortIO with Vista via Add Hardware, and even though it said it installed successfully, it doesn't look like it's working. Can anyone help me?

2. Dermy

Member Dermy GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Which version Hitachi drive do you have?

3. Sportsmaniac1322
    OP

United States
    On the top of my drive it says ROM VER: 0047DH. I assume that's what you want.

EDIT: With the SLAX CD, when I tried it I put it in my computer's DVD drive. Do I want it in the 360 drive?

4. Dermy

Member Dermy GBAtemp Fan

United States
    You want it in your computer's cd/dvd drive. You boot from the slax disc with your Hitachi drive connected to put it in mode B.

I don't think you have to do it that way anymore though. Jungleflasher has a built in thing that does that. Try following this guide and see if it helps. http://www.jungleflasher.net/files/JungleFlasher.pdf

5. Tanas

Member Tanas GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    You have to install PortIO32 before Jungle Flasher will recognize your drive, follow the PortIO32 manual install instructions that comes with Jungle Flasher.

Here is a guide on how to flash it.

6. Sportsmaniac1322
    OP

United States
    I installed the PortIO32 many times, but it still wouldn't recognize it. My bios would always recognize it, though, but Windows never would.

I finally did figure it out though. When I tried SLAX the first time, I was using 2.1, but when I switched to SLAX 2.0 alpha 1, it worked perfectly. For anyone else who's wondering, here's exactly what I did:

1) Put in the SLAX CD and turned on my Xbox and computer at the same time
    2) Let SLAX load until it says "Spinning Disk", then quickly hit eject on my Xbox
    3) SLAX will keep loading, then take you to the main screen.
    4) Reboot into Windows. I then hit eject once on my Xbox (nothing happens) then I manually pushed the disc drive back in
    5) The lights flash rapidly. I then opened Jungleflasher and used WinAPI to flash it

It's weird that Jungleflasher couldn't put it in mode B for me, but once it was in mode B it worked like a charm.

7. bubbleboy

Member bubbleboy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Have you tried DOSFLASH?

8. Sportsmaniac1322
    OP

United States
    I figured out the main problem. I was using the 1.51 release of Jungleflasher, and I have a feeling they fixed a lot with the 1.6 release, because it worked a ton better. It was able to recognize my drive and put it into mode B. So for anyone who's wondering, update to 1.6 [​IMG].

9. Da Foxx

Member Da Foxx GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Just for future reference. Who may have the same problem. Do not use the VIA VT6421A chipset when trying to put Hitatchi into mode b.