Hacking cant get homebrew on 4.2 wii

troupe20

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated my wii with the update from waninko (sp?). I updated to rev 14 and installed neogamma before updating and I am now trying to get the homebrew channel back on to figure out how to play nsmb. I have followed the guide and when I get to the modify.zip file it does not work telling me that "there is no know vulnerable IOS installed on this Wii. Please note that we will not use a faksigned IOS due to security reasons."

Does anyone have a clue what I should do? PS forgive if this is posted somewhere, for I have looked for a couple of days now and have not found what I should do.

The Pink Gato

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
troupe20 said:
I updated my wii with the update from waninko (sp?). I updated to rev 14 and installed neogamma before updating and I am now trying to get the homebrew channel back on to figure out how to play nsmb. I have followed the guide and when I get to the modify.zip file it does not work telling me that "there is no know vulnerable IOS installed on this Wii. Please note that we will not use a faksigned IOS due to security reasons."

Does anyone have a clue what I should do? PS forgive if this is posted somewhere, for I have looked for a couple of days now and have not found what I should do.

You have fake-signed or "Trucha IOS". To fix this, use this guide:
Click Here

~modmystuff~

troupe20

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
modmystuff said:
troupe20 said:

You have fake-signed or "Trucha IOS". To fix this, use this guide:
Click Here

~modmystuff~

Thanks for responding so quickly, however after the update the hbc was gone and I am trying to get it back on. It seems what you are suggesting assumes I already have the hbc installed. Again, thanks for replying so quickly, but it doesnt seem this is the answer.

hatredg0d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
troupe20 said:
Thanks for responding so quickly, however after the update the hbc was gone and I am trying to get it back on. It seems what you are suggesting assumes I already have the hbc installed. Again, thanks for replying so quickly, but it doesnt seem this is the answer.
then use an exploit to launch the latest version of Hackmii installer download here: http://bootmii.org/download/
no signing bug needed.

EDIT: sorry just finished reading your post. you need to delete IOS35 and install an official one (without the signing bug) for the hackmii installer to work. (it dosnt like CIOS FAIL) you can delete it with anytitledeleter, and download it through "nus Downloader", then install with wad manager, and then run the hackmii installer.

troupe20

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hatredg0d said:
troupe20 said:
then use an exploit to launch the latest version of Hackmii installer download here: http://bootmii.org/download/
no signing bug needed.

EDIT: sorry just finished reading your post. you need to delete IOS35 and install an official one (without the signing bug) for the hackmii installer to work. (it dosnt like CIOS FAIL) you can delete it with anytitledeleter, and download it through "nus Downloader", then install with wad manager, and then run the hackmii installer.

So I need to delete IOS35 with something called "anytitledeleter" or "titledeleter" right? Then I am suppose to install the new IOS with wad manager or the titledeleter? Lastly, how do I install any of this without having the homebrew channel?

rontonimo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you post back with the solution when you find it because other people have been having the same issues. You cant run Any Title Deleter without the HB channel. It might have been the update with Wanikoko

zeedds

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
replace the boot.dol fer hbc with atd dol renamed to boot.dol on the root of ur card and run it with bootmii then do the same with wad mgr dol after u dl the ios wad and have it in a folder called wad

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You could just use bannerbomb to run Dop ios mod v9 and update your ios file that way.It will also install an older version as well.

hatredg0d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
icpmattj said:
You could just use bannerbomb to run Dop ios mod v9 and update your ios file that way.It will also install an older version as well.

yes that would work too, as long as you did NO patching to it with dop ios mod.
yes, use bannerbomb. to launch .dol files. does same thing as HBC, but can only load one app, and thats whatever app is in root of sd, named boot.dol (you can make that app anything.)

troupe20

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
icpmattj said:

So how do I use bannerbomb to do that? Do I replace the boot.elf file with the dop ios mod v9 file renamed boot.elf or boot.dol?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: