XP
Country
United States
Wiigator cMIOS 0.2
cIOS rev10
SystemMenu 4.0
Backup Launcher 0.3 gamma 002 fix (wad)
Preloader 0.29 (hacks.ini from wiibrew)

Everytime I start up the backup loader to play a gc game it just black screens. Tried reverting to cIOS rev7 and it still didn't work. Any ideas?

kylsav

Trophies
Website
kylsav.dyndns.org
XP
Country
United States
what games are you trying to play? NTSC or PAL?

what are you using to burn the games and are you using Multi Game IOS creator, if you are try burning just a single game with Imgburn and see if it works i had problems with Multi game IOS creator

Supercool330

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NTSC, tried both multi and single, using imgBurn to burn on verbatum dvd-r, and yes I made sure I did the install for backup launcher (I tried using the GC backup thing too and it also didnt work). Any other ideas?

Servdogg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you may be confused. Wiigator Backup Launcher 0.2 is the program needed to run gamecube backups, but you need to install the patched MIOS which is a different program entirely. I think to install the patched MIOS you need to obtain the MIOS installer program, and run it through HBC. Then your backups should work.

Supercool330

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ya, I installed the patched mios that comes with wiigattor 0.2 for use with otehr launchers (press x thing), and then tried to launch the game using backup launcher 0.3 gamma with 002 fix. I have had gc backups working before, but ever since I updated to 4.0 and cIOS 10, they haven't been working.

Servdogg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
don't you launch gamecube backups with gamecube launcher 0.2, and launch wii games with backup launcher gamma.

Frozen_Fish

Trophies
XP
Country
Supercool330 said:
Ya, I installed the patched mios that comes with wiigattor 0.2 for use with otehr launchers (press x thing), and then tried to launch the game using backup launcher 0.3 gamma with 002 fix. I have had gc backups working before, but ever since I updated to 4.0 and cIOS 10, they haven't been working.
Are you using this?
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=142535

If they're still not working when booted through gamecube launcher 0.2 make sure you have region free GC games disabled in preloader, as it may conflict with the launcher and also booting real GC games.

Supercool330

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, that is indeed what I am using. If you install cMIOS with gamma support (by pressing x), then you can use gamma to launch GC games (I have done it many times in the past). Just for the record, I have also tried using the install without gamma support and the 0.2 launcher as well. I do not have region free GC turned on in preloader, not that it should mater considering preloader rarely runs on my wii (I have a modified boot2 that boots directly to the homebrew channel and never touches the system menu or preloader, don't ask).

Supercool330

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried wanins cMIOS rev3 as well, didn't work (using either gc loader or gamma).

What is your setup piratesmack (cIOS ver, sysmenu ver, etc.)?

piratesmack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Supercool330 said:
Tried wanins cMIOS rev3 as well, didn't work (using either gc loader or gamma).

What is your setup piratesmack (cIOS ver, sysmenu ver, etc.)?

System Menu 4.0U with preloader 0.29, cioscorp, and cIOS rev 10
I just tested Wiigator's mIOS with gamma and that one is also working for me..

I can't guarantee it will work, but you could try deleting mios with AnyTitle deleter and reinstalling one of the patched ones

And I forgot to ask, do original gamecube games (not backups) work?

Servdogg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm done trying to help, it sounds like you don't know what the hell is going on. Wigator cMIOS 0.2 insalled, trying to launch GC games with Backup launcher gamma 002 fix, and saying preloader rarely runs on my wii. What the hell does that mean? LOL

I wont even ask about your modified boot2!

And this noob is on 4.0
wacko.gif

Supercool330

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do know very well what is going on, it appears to me you just don't understand what I'm am saying (which is likely my fault). Preloader only runs when the system menu is called (since preloader replaces the main system menu binary, and moves the actual system menu to a different app in the same title). I have a modded boot2 (given to me by someone really good at wii hacking) that instead of calling the system menu, calls the homebrew channel, thus, unless I exit the homebrew channel back to the system menu, preloader never runs, and thus never applies the hacks (since they are applied every time the system menu is started).

Thanks for the suggestion piratesmack, unfortunately I already tried that, and it didn't fix the problem. It sounds like you have a relatively similar setup to what I do (except I don't have cioscorp installed, and I have the wired boot2, neither of which should affect gc backup loading).

Oh, and servdogg, I am using 4.0 because my nand is full of vc stuff I have bought (I really like SNES games)

piratesmack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Servdogg said:
I'm done trying to help, it sounds like you don't know what the hell is going on. Wigator cMIOS 0.2 insalled, trying to launch GC games with Backup launcher gamma 002 fix, and saying preloader rarely runs on my wii. What the hell does that mean? LOL

I wont even ask about your modified boot2!

And this noob is on 4.0
wacko.gif

Makes sense to me :-)

Sorry, Supercool330, I have no idea what the problem could be.

Supercool330

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I went home and got the original of the game I was trying to load, and it didn't work either. Still trying to figure out why. Any suggestions?

Tried doing fresh installs of MIOS v9 and Systemmenu v417 (downloaded using NUSD) and it didn't fix the problem. Any other ideas?

piratesmack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Supercool330 said:
Are you using the Mios v5 or mios v8 based install of wiigator 0.2 piratesmack?

I used mios v5 I think
I'm using Waninkoko's mios rev 3 right now which is based on v8.

Maybe BC is screwed up?
According to Wiibrew.org, it is "used to start GC games -- sets Hollywood speed to 162MHz, loads boot2, which then eventually loads MIOS."

I'd try downgrading to 3.2 with cIOS downgrader. (Installs IOS30, System Menu v289, MIOS v5, and BC v2) and see if that fixes it.

Supercool330

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the BC suggestion piratesmack, didn't even think of that.
Unfortunately, that didn't fix the problem, but it got me thinking. Your right, BC does call boot2 during the switch over to GC mode. Thus, if the modded boot2 I was testing didn't properly start mios when the processor was running at the lower speed GC mode wouldn' start properly. My guess is that is the problem (I'll post again once I figure out how to switch back to normal boot2).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs