Cant get emulated sav file to work on my real DS

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by Mrbob2, Jun 9, 2008.

Jun 9, 2008
  1. Mrbob2
    OP

Newcomer Mrbob2 Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Hiya, sorry if this is in the wrong section but its complicated.........

I am playing a game called john deere (farming sim) and i would like more cash. So i run the game in DesMume 080b1. I hack the game with a memory editor and give myself 10000 million dollars. I then put this .sav file on my TTDS and when i start the game it just says "its corrupt and will be deleted".

If have googled this problem but not found and easy answers. The emulator gives me the option to change the .sav files to "auto" or "512k" etc but all fail.

I guess its not just game specific problem either as any game i try to hack will fail in the same way.

I have no$gba and the same fail happens. Is there an easy way to get around this with a different emu or am i being daft and have missed something?

Thanks for your help

2. Narin

Former Staff Narin The Cheat Master, kupo!

United States
    You will have to convert the save file to work on your flashcard. Each flashcard has their own way of saving and storing the data for games which is incompatible with that of emulators and other flashcards unless its first converted.

Try
    http://www.shunyweb.info/convert.php

Also why not just use cheats for the game to change the money instead of hacking the game from the emulator? I believe I have some John Deer cheats in the cheat database.

3. Nakura

Member Nakura GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It's great what you're doing, I have only one problem with your codes. You update so much I never have a current code list XD.

But that's not a bad thing, keep up the good work!

4. Mrbob2
    OP

United Kingdom
    Thanks for the advice, the site worked a treat. sorry for being soo stoopid but......(i have looked) where is this cheat database? ive googled on here but all i get is links to threads about R4.

I have a 1 ish month old database but cant remember where it was from.

Thanks

5. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    It's in Narin's signature.

-Bri

6. Mrbob2
    OP

United Kingdom
    Thanks for the replies. I found the database eventually lol. The site (shunyweb) is very good, however, if for any reason i couldnt get online or the site went down, is there a downloadable utility for windoze that does the same thing? i have googled for a long time and only found links to the website.

Thanks for your help