Hacking can't get Dios Mios to work on USB

theinternetnomad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm on 4.2U, I can play wii backups fine, but every time I try and launch a gamecube game I just get a black screen. I've read a post about certain HDD's not being supported so I tried troubleshooting mine. It's dual formatted hdd in ntfs and fat32 for gamecube (32 byte cluster), it shows up fine in wiiflow, cfg loader and dios mios booter, it's just when I try and launch a game I just get a black screen. I tried using another usb (usb stick not a hdd) and it doesn't even show up on the loader so I don't know if it's just my hdd or a software glitch preventing it from booting. I have rvl miosv10.wad and dios mios 2.9 installed using wad manager 1.7. I can't seem to play gamecube games from the disc either unless I reinstall miosv10... I thought dios mios 2.9 supported both flash and disc loading.

miihackwii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The partition that the gamecube games are, needs to be the first partition and set primary and active.

theinternetnomad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The partition that the gamecube games are, needs to be the first partition and set primary and active.
thanks for the quick reply, I tried changing it to primary and active, but it seems as though it made it worse. In CFG loader and Dios Mios booter the games still show up but I still get a black screen, but on wiiflow I just get a crash dump as soon as I boot up the app.

edit*

I don't think I changed the partition order, just made the gamecube partition active and primary..help on how to change the order would be appreciated.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
There are two different method to swap partition's places: Physically delete/move/recreate the partition, or change the starting sector in the partition table.
I don't know if the second choice is working with DIOS MIOS (nobody reported it).

- use a partition manager to delete your NTFS partition
- Move your FAT32 partition to the start of the drive (should be a primary partition, not a logical or a GPT partition)
- create a new NTFS partition after the FAT32

Use this program to fake the order:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/changing-the-partition-order-in-a-faster-way.329862/
Read carefully and be sure to know what you are doing before trying.
some system or application could try to "fix" this fake state, or won't work anymore.

This person having the same problem as you : http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-mark-a-partition-as-usb1.346617

You can always just format/convert the FAT32 to NTFS, move big files on the first partition to the second partition, and format/convert the first NTFS to FAT32

theinternetnomad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There are two different method to swap partition's places: Physically delete/move/recreate the partition, or change the starting sector in the partition table.
I don't know if the second choice is working with DIOS MIOS (nobody reported it).

- use a partition manager to delete your NTFS partition
- Move your FAT32 partition to the start of the drive (should be a primary partition, not a logical or a GPT partition)
- create a new NTFS partition after the FAT32

Use this program to fake the order:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/changing-the-partition-order-in-a-faster-way.329862/
Read carefully and be sure to know what you are doing before trying.
some system or application could try to "fix" this fake state, or won't work anymore.

This person having the same problem as you : http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-mark-a-partition-as-usb1.346617

You can always just format/convert the FAT32 to NTFS, move big files on the first partition to the second partition, and format/convert the first NTFS to FAT32

After formatting and convertering the primary drive to FAT32 I once again tried putting a converted gamecube iso using Dmtoolbox, however yet again I just got a black screen upon launch. I'm fairly sure my HDD is just not supported. I have included a few screenshots of my drive just so I can get clarification if I have set things up correctly.

Attachments

• one.JPG
    one.JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 407
  • two.JPG
    two.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 265
  • three.JPG
    three.JPG
    128.6 KB · Views: 274

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking +1