can't get Castlevania POR working...

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by dude, Nov 29, 2007.

1. dude
    OP

dude Newbie

Hi,

I upgaded my ds lite to the latest r4 English firmware (tried 1.12 and then 1.11). Castlevania POR is not recognized in the game list (it is shown as 'untitled'). When I try to boot it, all I get are white screens. I am pretty sure it worked in an earlier firmware version.

Am I doing something wrong (do I have to disable the cheats or something, and if so, how do I do that?), or is this title not working with the latest firmware??

Thanks

Dude

2. thegame07

thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 16, 2006
    Im guessing your rom is corrupted. The first thing to try is download another castlevania rom from a diffrent source and then try that one. It should work on the r4 btw.

3. enigmaindex

enigmaindex the Scarecrow

Oct 11, 2007
    Gold Coast, Australia
    What micro SD card are you using, certain cheaper ones dont work well with the PoR.

4. dude
    OP

dude Newbie

Thanks for your replies. I'm using a Kingston 1GB microsd card (Japan). The rom has been verified using CntrlMamePro (using the Pocketheaven dat).

I just downgraded to firmware version 1.08 and it works perfectly.. When I upgrade to 1.11 or 1.12, it doesn't work at all (formatted card before installing new firmware). Maybe my micro sd card is just screwed up or something...

dude

EDIT: After reformatting and installing firmware 1.12 yet again, it's now working fine... Either my card or reader must be crapping out...

THANKS

5. enigmaindex

enigmaindex the Scarecrow

Oct 11, 2007
    Gold Coast, Australia
    No problem, glad i was some sort of help.