Can't get backup games to work on my Goldstar 3DO

Discussion in 'Other Consoles & Oldies' started by Shinigami Kiba, Mar 22, 2015.

1. Shinigami Kiba
    OP

Shinigami Kiba GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 28, 2007
    Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
    It appears I got the one 3DO with piracy protection lol
    The system reads music CDs with ease, it has a built in memory manager(I was told the Goldstar doesn't come with one, but this one does apparently) and from what I can tell it has barely been used, all it had were some Wolfenstein saves and that was it.
    The system still has that brand new console smell to it too

I downloaded some ISOs and tired burning them with imgBurn using Verbatim CDs
    Unfortunatley my burner won't burn at speeds below 16x for CDs, so maybe that's the problem, however I was also told the Goldstar version of the 3DO with actual piracy protection and found a youtube video of how to do a swap trick to get the games to work which involves having an original game AND opening the system up which I can't nor want to do.
    I'd gladly buy some originals but at the moment I can't find any and ordering from ebay is a tad complicated for me for now.

Any way to bypass this protection?
    Everywhere I read it says the 3DO isn't region or piracy locked, but the Goldstar definitely seems to be from what I was told and saw on youtube.
    Also if the laser was off it wouldn't have been reading any and all music CDs I threw at it with such ease

edit: Can you guys also recommend the best 3DO Emulator foe Windows since now that I have the system I'd like to experience some of its games.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice