Hacking Can't get AR HBC to work

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I've tried to do some searching on this forum for a related thread, and the search system wouldn't let me find it.

So anyway, I really want to get that AR on HBC to work. I know that the iso part of it works, but then it was complaining how it couldn't find the database file. And later read on here that copying the requisite files does not work on an official nintendo GC memory card. So, crap...
hate2.gif

Lucked out and bought myself a (used) GC memory card for the duty of copying the required file(s), but SD2GC still doesn't seem to work. I followed its directions, and at least this time it did say that it finished reading the file successfully. But I guess when it's supposed to be writing to it, it always errors out, throwing a bunch of random numbers and stuff on the screen, and then it refuses to respond any further. I have to physically power off the system because nothing from the GC nor Wii controllers will work after it does this. And the file is still not where it needs to be.

So please, fellow temp'ers, how do I get this to work so I can have my sweet, cheating glory?
ph34r.gif

SwedishGojira

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
blog.svalas.net
XP
Country
Buy the official disc with the official AR Memorycard-dongle and you'll have no problems.
And for those that can't boot the official disc trough the disc-channel, just boot it troough GeckoOS instead.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SwedishGojira said:
Buy the official disc with the official AR Memorycard-dongle and you'll have no problems.
And for those that can't boot the official disc trough the disc-channel, just boot it troough GeckoOS instead.
Why should I? I already did buy that once, and it wouldn't even work with the Wii then. Neither Datel would let me get an updated disc that would, nor would the store allow me a refund. And soon after, they (along with every other retailer) stopped selling AR's altogether.

Finding even a used AR for GC that still works would be a physical impossibility at this point. Much less one of those non-existent models advertised to "Work on Wii."
lecture.gif

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf said:
Try installing a custom MIOS based on v4 to reenable AR compatibility.
Mine never was compatible, according to Datel. They only allowed Wii-compatible AR's to be sold online, at their overly inflated price.
wacko.gif
mad.gif

That's why I need this to work.

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Just do what FenrirWolf said, regardless of what Datel is telling you.

There are 2 cMIOSes in the cIOSCORP v3.x package, and they're both based off MIOS v4. Choose one, and install via wad manager.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have that disc anymore, though.
frown.gif
Nor the AR card. As strange as it sounds, the disc got scratched up to a point of being unreadable even in a cube anymore, and the AR card met an untimely accident at the airport and was snapped in half when I got my baggage on a trip.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, one more update.

Just out of curiosity, I went into the memory management feature to check the GC card... and even though SD2GC made it seem like it was corrupt, the AR data was indeed there. the comment thing was all "iii"... on it, so I wasn't sure, but then ran the ARHBC app. Recognized it fine.

Tried my real copy of 1000-year door, and got the codes on.
biggrin.gif

Still, the AR 'disc' would periodically flash I guess what is supposed to be an error message, but that would go away after a while.

So, I guess it wasn't corrupt after all, and it was all fine? If so, what a huge relief!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: