Hacking Cant get any WBFS manager on Linux or Wine to work with partition...

alex.ap.pacman

OP
Trophies
Website
about.me
XP
Country
United States
Just a quick question - is the partition Primary or Extended? Wii's seem to be allergic when it comes to Extended partitions, do change that to Primary when you're creating it. If it is NOT Primary then delete the whole Volume and create a new one in its place.

Its a primary.
That's... odd... there shouldn't be any problems with detecting it and transferring files to it then...

Unfortunatelly I don't have a whole lot of experience when it comes to backup managers under Linux, I'm afraid. I would assume that the ones compiled *for Linux* would work...

I've tried, the new Fat32 wbfs setup has been sort of getting in the way of allowing things to work properly with Wii Backup managers across the board.

Oh, btw, I cant seem to get USB Loader GX to load now that I'm on 4.1U - it just takes me back to wii menu, any thoughts on this?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Just a quick question - is the partition Primary or Extended? Wii's seem to be allergic when it comes to Extended partitions, do change that to Primary when you're creating it. If it is NOT Primary then delete the whole Volume and create a new one in its place.

Its a primary.
That's... odd... there shouldn't be any problems with detecting it and transferring files to it then...

Unfortunatelly I don't have a whole lot of experience when it comes to backup managers under Linux, I'm afraid. I would assume that the ones compiled *for Linux* would work...

I've tried, the new Fat32 wbfs setup has been sort of getting in the way of allowing things to work properly with Wii Backup managers across the board.

Oh, btw, I cant seem to get USB Loader GX to load now that I'm on 4.1U - it just takes me back to wii menu, any thoughts on this?
Yes. Switching to Configurable USB Loader of WiiFlow. GX has been giving me issues since forever, I ditched it recently and never looked back. It's just so... random.

If you want to stick with it then update to the latest version and delete the config file, it'll make a brand new one for itself - that usually helps.

alex.ap.pacman

OP
Trophies
Website
about.me
XP
Country
United States

Its a primary.

Yes. Switching to Configurable USB Loader of WiiFlow. GX has been giving me issues since forever, I ditched it recently and never looked back. It's just so... random.

If you want to stick with it then update to the latest version and delete the config file, it'll make a brand new one for itself - that usually helps.

Good stuff. thanks.

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For Christssake, getting people to reply with useful things for Linux on here is like pulling friggin teeth..

This isn't exactly a Linux forum...... I only know of a few members who run Linux and they dual boot Windows. WBFS versions of games are up on torrents and the remaining File-Share sites. You haven't stated your distribution of Linux, either. To clear up, what programs HAVE you tried so I can cross 'em off as I go.

Reactions: 1 person

alex.ap.pacman

OP
Trophies
Website
about.me
XP
Country
United States
For Christssake, getting people to reply with useful things for Linux on here is like pulling friggin teeth..

This isn't exactly a Linux forum...... I only know of a few members who run Linux and they dual boot Windows. WBFS versions of games are up on torrents and the remaining File-Share sites. You haven't stated your distribution of Linux, either. To clear up, what programs HAVE you tried so I can cross 'em off as I go.

WiiBackupFusion
WiiBackupManager
WiiJBackupManager
Linux-wbfs
Wiithon
Wilmms

Trying to run the Qt4 GUI for Wilmms but GiantPune isnt responding very well.

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alex, don't think we don't give a shit about your problem.
We do.
Unfortunately, not many of us run Linux, which is the case here.
That is why I had asked you if you were at all able to use a windows based computer to
just run the whole Modmii process from that.
Linux is a pain in the ass with Wii apps of ANY kind.
If I were you, with your situation, I would do the Modmii from a friends / relatives computer
and be done with it, at this point.
At least my Wii would be hacked and ready to go, including my USB drive.......
Good luck with your decisions, and keep us posted

alex.ap.pacman

OP
Trophies
Website
about.me
XP
Country
United States
Alex, don't think we don't give a shit about your problem.
We do.
Unfortunately, not many of us run Linux, which is the case here.
That is why I had asked you if you were at all able to use a windows based computer to
just run the whole Modmii process from that.
Linux is a pain in the ass with Wii apps of ANY kind.
If I were you, with your situation, I would do the Modmii from a friends / relatives computer
and be done with it, at this point.
At least my Wii would be hacked and ready to go, including my USB drive.......
Good luck with your decisions, and keep us posted

Thank you for that. I guess I was just upset over the inability on my end to be able to get this all to work out well..
But thank you again. :)

DaMan4169

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not just get something like Hiren boot CD, run mini XP off a live disk, so you don't have to deal with Linux issues.

I used my Hiren14, made bootable on USB with UltraISO, and it ran Wii Backup Manager just fine from its folder.
I'm using a Win7 machine but booted from a 2GB USB drive and transfered a .wbfs from internal 300GB HD to WD 2TB USB drive. Both drives are NTFS but it would work just fine if they were FAT32.

It's not a perfect solution but it doesn't change/install anything on your computer and for all intents and purposes makes it a dual boot machine.

alex.ap.pacman

OP
Trophies
Website
about.me
XP
Country
United States
I need help converting an iso file to wbfs using the command line interface of Wiims tools. The man page and homepage to the project hasn't helped jack shit and doesnt give me examples... I'm about to flip my lid. Someone please help me.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Another possible solution is running a virtualisation program on linux and installing xp on a virtual machine.
It will give best compatibility for windows programs. That's how I run my linux stuff on windows. It's not exactly a 1 hour setup
either, but once things are running, you should be fine.

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Already updated it, now I just need to figure out how to convert ISO to wbfs using Wilmms tools.

psyblade@exile:~/projects/wbfs2fat/test$ wit cp test.iso -BD WII_DRIVE_PATH/wbfs/%Y/%+
***** wit: Wiimms ISO Tool v2.03a r3363 x86_64 - Dirk Clemens - 2012-01-14 *****
* COPY/SCRUB 1/1 ISO:test.iso -> WBFS:WII_DRIVE_PATH/wbfs/PARTY PACK for REVOLUTION [RHAP01]/RHAP01.wbfs

if you dont want to remember that line simply create a script that for it.
place the following two lines in a file names e.g. wbfs.sh (replacing the path of course)
Code:
#!/bin/sh																																													  
wit cp "$*" -BD "WII_DRIVE_PATH/wbfs/%Y/%+"
make it executable with "chmod +x wbfs.sh"
then simply run "./wbfs.sh test.iso"

both forms accept not only iso but all other image formats that wiimms tool can use (including wbfs)

alex.ap.pacman

OP
Trophies
Website
about.me
XP
Country
United States
Already updated it, now I just need to figure out how to convert ISO to wbfs using Wilmms tools.

psyblade@[member='exile']:~/projects/wbfs2fat/test$ wit cp test.iso -BD WII_DRIVE_PATH/wbfs/%Y/%+
***** wit: Wiimms ISO Tool v2.03a r3363 x86_64 - Dirk Clemens - 2012-01-14 *****
* COPY/SCRUB 1/1 ISO:test.iso -> WBFS:WII_DRIVE_PATH/wbfs/PARTY PACK for REVOLUTION [RHAP01]/RHAP01.wbfs

if you dont want to remember that line simply create a script that for it.
place the following two lines in a file names e.g. wbfs.sh (replacing the path of course)
Code:
#!/bin/sh																																													  
wit cp "$*" -BD "WII_DRIVE_PATH/wbfs/%Y/%+"
make it executable with "chmod +x wbfs.sh"
then simply run "./wbfs.sh test.iso"

You sir are a god. Thank you. might I ask how I would be able to see how much of the conversion is done? could you explain some of the notations you used?

-- Just found it

Code:
~/DirectoryHere$ wit cp GameTitleHere.iso -PBD ~/DirectoryWhereYouWant/%Y/%+

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
to see progress use -vvBD instead of -BD

the 3 lines are not realy notation, I simply ran wit and copied the in/output

"psyblade@exile:~/projects/wbfs2fat/test$" is my prompt
"wit cp test.iso -BD WII_DRIVE_PATH/wbfs/%Y/%+" is what I typed
the "%" stuff in the end is wits file naming syntax, look on its webpage if you need details
the two "*" lines are wits output

if that wasn't your question please be more specific

simply try it and post if something goes wrong

Mr.BS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Format your drive to FAT32, make a folder called WBFS, and use games with .wbfs file extension.
Have you used this to extract your games?

Hi, when I did that and I plugged it into USBLoader GX it said "Warning: you are trying to select a fat32/ntfs/ext partition with cIOS 249 Rev < 18. This is not supported" what do I do in that state?

Just wanted to add that the Linux WBFS Manager is working with USBLoader CFG.
My HD has only WBFS and FAT32 partition.
Start WBFS with su priviliges.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr