cant get any of the Battle of Giants games to work

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by NtrNetSrfr, Mar 2, 2011.

1. NtrNetSrfr
    OP

NtrNetSrfr Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2011
    United States
    I have an Acekard 2i with 1.8.5 and it loads everything except the Battle of Giants games. I have formatted with the Panasonic formatter and installed the newest akaio files. I took my card apart to make sure its not a fake (thanks for making it so simple to check NOT [​IMG] ) The game starts to load and the just goes to 2 white screens.

thanks for any help [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. dbspanks

dbspanks Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2008
    United States
    Try changing the ap settings in the system settings, also have you updated the loaders? if not, do it through the syetem wifi, there have been at least 2 new loaders since 1.8.5 came out.

3. Normmatt

Normmatt Former AKAIO Programmer

Dec 14, 2004
    New Zealand
    which game in the battle/combat of giants series?

4. NtrNetSrfr
    OP

NtrNetSrfr Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2011
    United States
    I found a cracked version of the Dragons that works. Other than that, Dinosaurs, Mutant Insects and un cracked Dragons all just go to 2 white screens.

I think I updated the loader..... I put it in the _aio/ak2loader folder

I dont really understand the wifi updates

Thanks!

5. NtrNetSrfr
    OP

NtrNetSrfr Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2011
    United States
    ok, I did the loader update with the wifi... thats cool... I can now play Dragons and Dinosaurs. The symptom changed on the insects... now, it just goes to 2 dark screens.

THANKS!!

6. Nasmds

Nasmds Member

Newcomer
    Feb 26, 2010
    Canada
    Ontario, Canada
    I'm getting the same results too for Battle of Giant - Mutant Insects (5453 or 5454 or 5455)
    And the others (Dragons & Dinosaurs) work fine, never had problems with them.

I tried updating my Akaio to 1.8.6a, updated Loader, still wasn't working.
    So I used the Panasonic SDFormater, Quick Format, reloaded everything again, same problem.
    Used the Formatter yet again but did a Full format, reloaded yet again everything, same problem.
    I disabled Soft Reset
    I disabled AP
    I got the the game from different places
    All the same...

What else is there to do?

It's kind of funny, all other games work even Pokemon White & Black but not this one.
    This is for my Son, he loves does games because they're easy for him to play.

Update (March 15th):
    I did an update via Wifi for the Loader as well.
    Played around with all the settings, it's even the only game on it right now.
    Does anyone have a working game, if so, would I be able to get the .sav file from you so I can cross that out as a problem as well.
    Thanks,

7. Nasmds

Nasmds Member

Newcomer
    Feb 26, 2010
    Canada
    Ontario, Canada
    Well since nobody found a solution, yes I've search the web (everywhere) and if it's there, well it's very well hidden but I found a work around. I'm using Combat of Giant Mutant Insects #4800 instead and it works fine, it's the same game anyways, just a different title, wooopee.
    Son likes it, al is good.