Question Can't get any nsp or xci installers to work on 1.0.0

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by PalomPorom, Apr 24, 2019.

1. PalomPorom
    OP

PalomPorom Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2018
    United States
    Is it just me or is this normal. I was going to try out that reNXPack homebrew to patch games to run on lower FW but every installer just freezes. Other homebrew works fine just no installers.
    I tried running latest and the 1.0 version of homebrew loader, same result. Tried redownloading the files too with no luck.

Sent from my toaster running Rebug

2. pinbi7

pinbi7 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 4, 2004
    Canada
    I would upgrade using choixdujour if i where you

PalomPorom likes this.
  3. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    I don't think any title installer works on firmware 1.0. Not that its a big issue since you can only play like a handful of games.
    Why use the long and complicated ChoiDujour when OP can use ChoiDujourNX which is not only faster but supports firmware versions past 6.1?

NoNAND and Lacius like this.
  4. Sumandora

Sumandora Im using Parental Controls. Change my Mind!

Nov 13, 2018
    Germany
    Didnt meant he this?

5. pinbi7

pinbi7 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 4, 2004
    Canada
    Sry i meant the latest version of choi wich ever one is bundeled on sdfiles

6. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    No? If someone has a bricked console and someone tells them to use ChoiDujour, does that mean he's referring to ChoiDujourNX? These are two different tools with different setups, limitations, and uses.

If by SDfiles you mean SDSetup, they don't bundle either ChoiDujour or ChoiDujourNX but they do have guides for both, here and here respectively.

7. Sumandora

Nov 13, 2018
    Germany
    yea yea but i always say ChoiDojour when i mean the NX app so?

8. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    That makes it impossible to refer to the ChoiDujour app. I always refer to ChoiDujour or ChoiDujourNX. There is also no defense for adding -NX to the end; typing out ChoiDujour is already not easy as is.

9. Sumandora

Nov 13, 2018
    Germany
    but why should i use the PC app nobody use it only for Firmware Downgrades on Versions where CFW does not work and 80% is using a NAND backup

10. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Some people aren't willing to wait for CFW support or don't have a NAND backup. These people exist and should at least be given the option.

Or look at it this way. You show them a way of getting back CFW but after they see how long and arduous it is, it makes them reflect on their poor decision making thus instead of you telling them to wait, they tell themselves not only do they have to wait but need to be more responsible.

11. Sumandora

Nov 13, 2018
    Germany
    getting CFW back: WAIT! btw Do not try this at home, problems will appear eventually or you smash your controller

12. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Or you can just make a NAND backup before using ChoiDujour. That's like step 0 of rajkosto's guide.

13. Sumandora

Nov 13, 2018
    Germany
    OMG READ THE COMPLETE CONSERVATION
    I SAID YOU SHOULD USE A NAND BACKUP BECAUSE ITS SAFER

14. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    And I'm saying what if they don't have one before updating to a firmware CFW doesn't support? I don't think you are the one reading.

15. Sumandora

Nov 13, 2018
    Germany
    could you stop the screaming. ChoiDojour bricks sometimes. NAND backups are safe.

16. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    That's why I'm saying you make one before using ChoiDujour. Also by that logic, you should never use payloads, homebrew, or .NSP files as those can also cause bricks.

17. Sumandora

Nov 13, 2018
    Germany
    homebrew cant brick the hbl doesnt give enough Permissions for doing this reasons why Pikabricker or PozzNX was NSPs and Payloads yea they can do everything

18. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Wrong. Homebrew has more than enough permissions to brick your system. In fact, pikabricker was derived from the only malicious homebrew application ever created, SwitchFuckerUpper. The creator behind it shared the source of it to OG/Createable who then made pikabricker. But why take my word for it when you can read up on that here in this thread that's even pinned in this subforum? Or even better, you can ask the bricker expert @Crusatyr how safe homebrew really is.

19. Crusatyr

Crusatyr GBAtemp Regular

Jul 31, 2016
    United States
    TBF, I did not share it with OG. I shared it with someone else who then shared it with OG. But yeah, did you know that currently the easiest way to brick a user even with brick protections is to have a homebrew app drop a bricking payload onto the sdcard then reboot into it? For extra salt, you can also edit or delete the prodinfo backup that Atmosphere makes.

Draxzelex likes this.