Hacking Can't get any backup loaders working - "Disc could not be rea

sparky222b

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey GBATemp. I've been reading the forums for a long time but I've finally made an account to ask for your help with this issue.

I've had a softmodded 2008 Wii that's been on 3.2U for the longest time. No issues. Yesterday I followed the guide at http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901 to update to 4.2U and use bannerbomb, etc. I've got the HBC installed and seems to be working.

However, I can't get SoftChip, NeoGamma OR cIOSCORP/DARKCORP to load any of my backups. They all can boot the software but the screen goes black for ~10 seconds and then every game I've tried gives a Game Could Not Be Read error. I know these backups are burned correctly as I used to use them with cIOSCORP on 3.2 no problem. I can boot originals fine too so the drive is obviously OK.

I've tried lots of different things to no avail. Can anyone point me in the right direction here? I have a BootMii NAND dump of just 4.2 and HBC so if you want to start from the very beginning I can easily just restore back to that.

So basically I've trucha'd, I've installed the latest hermes/waninkoko cIOSes, I've installed darkcorps 1.1, etc and literally nothing seems to let me be able to really start up any of the backups.

I'm stumped!

sparky222b

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sao Mortel said:
I would reinstall darkcorp its kind of all-in-one package.

I've tried multiple times. I've installed it, uninstalled it, reinstalled it, but still can't boot anything. It's worth noting that I can run backups off USB fine, but I really want to get disc loading working.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
You'd be surprised to know that even I get these errors with those same loaders when using a disc. However, uLoader disc loading works fine for me, mind trying that for a change??

sparky222b

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SamAsh07 said:
You'd be surprised to know that even I get these errors with those same loaders when using a disc. However, uLoader disc loading works fine for me, mind trying that for a change??

Actually, I do have uLoader on my HBC but I have only tested it with USB loads. Let me give it a shot. Will update thread shortly.

Edit: Which IOSes did you use as bases for your hermes cIOSes?
Edit 2: Oh, are you using uLoader 5.1E or what?

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
uLoader 5.1D not E, and about the IOSes, I don't remember really, it's been awhile since I used uLoader, switched to Cfg ever since new games stopped working on uLoader (it needs an update). If this helps, it was default settings (I never touched the settings section in uLoader).

PS:- You are using an external drive...right??

sparky222b

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SamAsh07 said:
uLoader 5.1D not E, and about the IOSes, I don't remember really, it's been awhile since I used uLoader, switched to Cfg ever since new games stopped working on uLoader (it needs an update). If this helps, it was default settings (I never touched the settings section in uLoader).

PS:- You are using an external drive...right??

uLoader just hangs at "Reading the banner" for me.

No, I'm using the internal drive. I have an early 2008 Wii and had no problems loading from the internal drive in SoftChip, NeoGamma etc back on 3.2!

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I guess xFlak didn't reply, you could try PMing him, or maybe someone else will know of a solution when they see your topic now...

yixiar

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
first you must check your system to verify the IOS is ok? You'd better to reinstall all ios by Modify ANY Wii 4.3 & below

Secend, you should install the newer CFG by Configurable USB Loader

Wii will be OK
yaywii.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn