Can’t get a refund after accident

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Alex4nder001, Jan 11, 2019 at 11:12 PM.

1. Alex4nder001
    OP

Alex4nder001 Part-time thug

Jul 28, 2017
    United Kingdom
    London aka the city with the most gang crime
    So a few days ago I decided to send my Xbox 360 to RedEyedJesus for an RGH install. I paid, then he gave me the address to post to, and as I was taking my Xbox 360 to the post office I lost it somewhere along the way.

So I tried asking for a refund due to this, and he replied with “I already ordered the matrix and the return shipping”. So I tried asking for a PARTIAL refund, but from then on he wouldn’t reply. His website is down too.

How do I get my money back?

2. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    did you pay with paypal?

3. zoogie

zoogie playing around in the dsiware

Nov 30, 2014
    Micronesia, Federated States of
  4. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    if you got insurance, you could claim that the package never arrived. I don't know if they'd force a signature though. every time I've gotten insurance they didn't.

5. JustinCredible

JustinCredible GBAtemp Regular

Dec 15, 2018
    United States
    Maybe it's just me but I don't think committing mail fraud is very smart, or even worth the little money you'd get vs the trouble it could potentially cause.

Last edited by JustinCredible, Jan 12, 2019 at 12:11 AM
  6. Alex4nder001
    OP

Jul 28, 2017
    United Kingdom
    To answer all your questions:
    1) I paid via bank transfer
    2) I didn’t get to post the package (which you’d know if you read my post properly). I’d lost it before I could even get to the post office.

I should have bought from Ebay where they have a money back guarantee.

I’m thinking of either contacting my bank or calling the police. Would either be a smart idea?

Last edited by Alex4nder001, Jan 13, 2019 at 5:34 PM
  7. spectral

spectral GBAtemp Regular

Nov 10, 2012
    You authorised the bank transfer, the bank doesn't care why. So long as it was you that did it and not someone who shouldn't have access you wont be covered. Pointless going to the police as mod chips and flash carts are illegal in the UK anyway, you may just incriminate yourself for trying to buy one.

It's the risk you take with dodgy dealings. Unless he decides to be co-operative, there is pretty much nothing you can do.

8. tech3475

tech3475 GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 12, 2009
    Do you have insurance which would cover losing the 360 in some way e.g. house insurance?

9. Alex4nder001
    OP

Jul 28, 2017
    United Kingdom
    No. Especially not since I still live with my parents.
    I just got it second hand in a terrible condition. I don’t care about my xbox 360 though I just care about my money.