Gaming Can't format my memory stick to FAT.

Tortimer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So, I recently bought a 2GB and a 4GB Sandisk UltraII. I can format them in my PSP (not a real formatting, just erasing and putting psp-fodlers there) and use them when I use the PSP as a cardreader. However, I can't read or format it in my computers built in card reader. When I try to format it it just says that "card can't be formatted".

I'm at a wall here. what should I do? (note: I haven't tried to format it through cmd properly since I don't know the appropriate commands. I know you should write "Format F:" where F is the device name but how do I format it to FAT32)

Edit: Now I've tried "Format F:" and "/FS: FAT32" but with no result at all. It says my memory cards are in RAW format and when i enter "/FS: FAT32" it just says that it's an "incorrect syntax, filename or volumelabel". I've also tried using Swiss Knife (V3) but it just crashes when I click on the drive. Anyone with any ideas?

solange82200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, it's best to format anything up to and including 4 gigs to FAT 16. It makes it faster supposedly. follow this, I got it from some guy names altorn from another forum, and it worked for me:

How to format specifying filesystem
1. Go to Start Menu -> Run...
2. Type 'cmd' without quotes
3. At command prompt, type:
'format x: /q /fs:FAT' (without quotes, this is for FAT16 filesystem)
(change x to your MS drive)

If asks for a Force Dismount, choose yes.
If it warns you about compatibility problems on FAT16, just ignore it.
If it asks for a Volume Label, just type anything or none at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Xdqwerty how are you?