Hacking Cant find information - Backing up GC and playing on wii

Zephirus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, this website and the information contained has been incredible. I went from not knowing this was even possible to downgrading my wii IOS to 3.2 and installing all the hacks to get wii backups running. No problems at all after doing all the research here.

I do have a question though. Some sources say it can be done, others say it cant so maybe someone can clarify.

Is there a way to backup Gamecube games, burn the games, and play them in the wii? I dont know what all is requried to do this but I have iso dumper (utility that sends rom images of games to your computer directly from the wii using wifi). I also have backup launcher gamma from wiigator as well as a few other tools.

I dont even know how to go about burning a gamecube game... can you burn it on normal sized dvds or cds?

Forgive my ignorance, but I cant seem to find any clear topics on this subject. I need to know if it is possible first of all and then I need a tutorial on how to do it. Everything from the actual copying and burning process to loading it on the wii so I can play it.

Thanks for the help and once again, this site is amazing.

games2007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, there's a way to backup Wii games as ISOs. It will probably work for gamecube games, as they are also in ISO format.

AsosaYoung

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cios Dumper suppose to be able dump them. I have never dump a GC game but I've dump a Wii game. And it dumps it in ISO. So if that is the case then all you need to do is burn and play if I am correct.

Zephirus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im assuming I can burn this to a DVD-R and it shold work... Ill try this tonight and see how it goes. Worst case scenario, ive lost a dvd-r

camar3na

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
you DO know that you need to install wiigators gamecube back up loader before you play right?

dvd-rs are fine, but you need to check the size of the ISO, it has to larger that 1G, i think.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Coming.