Cant find force R/W in menu

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by garry35, Nov 22, 2006.

Nov 22, 2006

Cant find force R/W in menu by garry35 at 8:00 PM (882 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. garry35
    OP

Newcomer garry35 Member

United Kingdom
    hi all i have an M3 lite with Superpass and everything has been tested and works, but recently i have noticed when using the M3 game manager i cant find the force r/w option. all other options seem to be there, i have looked in all available menu's after selecting write NDS from the menu..... this has only happened recently and i am 100% certain i have used it before just a few days ago my system consists of :-

m3 lite
    superkey
    kingston 1gig microsd
    game manager v30 (i have tried uninstalling and installing v29 but still same)
    the m3 lite has v30c firmware

all other games i tried sofar seem to work..... apart from new super mario bros, which seems to lock the DS after selecting mini games [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. yee

Member yee DOTA 4EVER

Canada
    I think only the newer games after a certain number have Force R/W show up automatically.

3. Firon

Member Firon GBAtemp Regular

United States
    GM 30a auto-detects force r/w up to 677.

4. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    And Mario mini games run in normal mode.

5. garry35
    OP

Newcomer garry35 Member

United Kingdom
    thanks to everybody who has replied. can somebody please tell me the settings i need to use in game manager v30c to get new super mario bros to work including minigames ?

also is there anyway to manually select force r/w for the games like mario where its not showing...... [​IMG]

6. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    Do a search and understand what force r/w is. I've answered this many times, some games are stubborn and refuse to read/wrte from anyware outside of slot 1 and for games that the game manager has not patched yet (aka games coming out after latest manager) that option is available for you to force this action. Afterwards when a new game manager comes out, there is no r/w option since the game is patched truly by the manager to read from slot 2. So no there is no way and no benefit from turning on force r/w on older games like mario. I already told you which mode to write in to get mini games working, but in the future for settings and compatibility help, refer to the wiki:

www.m3wiki.com

Good luck.

7. garry35
    OP

Newcomer garry35 Member

United Kingdom
    thanks for your reply but i have already tried the settings u suggested and just about every other setting for speed both with and without rom trimming....but still same, now i am thinking maybe my sdmicro card is either faulty or dying. i will b gettin another card from a different manufacturer and shop tommorow, so i will know better by then.... [​IMG]

8. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    it has also been reported by various users I've seen that quicker cards make a difference on accessing the mini-games....I seem to be doing fine on sandisks ultra and non-ultra version.

9. garry35
    OP

Newcomer garry35 Member

United Kingdom
    the problem is not with the speed i can access the mini games....the problem is i cant access them at all, the ds just locks up forcing me to power down.

this is my card
    http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/product/10135.htm
    and the official link
    http://www.kingston.com/flash/sd_micro.asp

my card came with an adapter. upon looking closely at the card SD adapter it clearly says made in china, but as far as i can tell the actual microsd card is made japan. i bought 2 identical cards from the same shop at the same time, but after a FULL format in winxp both cards report 455meg free !!!!.

i have tried both fat16 and fat32 and still the same. i have read somewhere on the net that copies are floating around, maybe i bought some [​IMG]

10. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    That's what I mean, supposedly some people are reporting slower performing cards are locking up when entereing mini games, that was the initial reason I always used sandisk ultra II cards....but then I tried my normal sandisk cards and they work fine even doing multiplayer as well.

11. garry35
    OP

Newcomer garry35 Member

United Kingdom
    just got a new 2gig microsd card by PEAK, but still no luck with mario, i havent yet been through all the settings for speed etc....
    this is the url for the card

http://www.peakhardware.com/products/produ...?A=2&B=3&C=31#p

ps before i got this new card i had already tried the settings u recommended and also the settings in www.m3wiki.com and just about every other possible setting but the closest i got was to be able to play the main game....

mines the 2gig version said to 60x

[​IMG]

12. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    format the card to fat 16 with 64k cluster size and try that.

P.S. Before you buy these cards, review the www.m3wiki.com for compatibility and card performance experiences from others. I've never heard of peak.

13. garry35
    OP

Newcomer garry35 Member

United Kingdom
    i checked wiki for card compatibility and didnt find anything about them, i also searched this and other forums but couldnt find anything either good or bad. peak is a well known brand name in pc components and peripherals, so i assumed they would make decent cards.... if the problems persist i will buy the game and keep a lookout for other non working games and maybe buy a sandisk.

just a thought but do card makers use same brand components and just stick their own on label ?

its easy to look back in hindsight and say "if only" [​IMG] i have learned by mistakes lol

ps i forgot to mention the card is formatted using fat32 and default cluster sizes (winxp doesnt give the option to change them)

14. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    yes it does, just take my previous advice and read the 10 other threads that I outlined how to format by command prompt and control panel (take your pick):

go to control panel, administrator tool, computer manager, disk manager, and right click on the drive and format and it has the options in plain sight.

And FYI, I've been around this stuff a long long time, I've never heard of peak for anything. But I just know stuff between the US and asian countries so maybe this is something outside my knowledge.