Can't find a DS game thats "doin' it for me"...

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by epicelite, Jul 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Jul 21, 2008
  1. epicelite
    OP

Member epicelite Equal opportunity ass kicker.

United States
    I would love a game that I could enjoy, but why do they all SUCK! I already played the 3 games worth playing IMO (not going to say as I don't want a flame war).

Are their any "not so well known" games that I should try?

2. GameDragon

Member GameDragon Mugiwara RAWR!

United States
    Elite Beat Agents maybe?

3. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    Well, I used to be in the same situation as you, awhile back.

When I first got my DS, with a few games (Didn't know what a flashkart was back then), I had Elite beat agents, Pokemon, and a few other games, that got good reviews. I thought they were fun, but I never really got into any of them. I just thought they were fun, but got boring extremely quickly, and I was turned off. I even thought of returning the DS, until I saw, Ninja Gaiden DS.

It was so addicting, I couldn't stop playing. I beat it in 5 hours since I got it, and got so "pumped up", and addicted, I just kept on playing until it was over.

There's also Trauma Center, which is really frustrating, but really fun. Everytime I lose, I would yell out of frustration, but since it was so fun, I just keep trying until I somehow beat it.

4. epicelite
    OP

United States
    AWWW HELL NO. You did NOT just mention that pile of shiz, and you better of not have been mentioning it with the hopes of me playing it! Oh no you better have not!

5. Private|Par

Member Private|Par GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Well you really have given us no indication of what genre you like, and indeed what your gaming habits are. Do you play your DS on the train on the way to work, or do you sit down for three hours every night and commit? Do you hate anything with Final Fantasy in the title, or do you dream about Cloud when you sleep every night?

The DS has a variety of games that will suit almost any gamers needs. How about you start by telling us:

What Genres you prefer.
    What your gaming habits are.
    What are the previous 3 games you've played.

That'll at least give us a ballpark.

6. calvino

Newcomer calvino Newbie

United States
    Start getting into manga and anime if your not already hooked, Cause theres plenty of anime type games on the ds which doesn't have good gameplay, but great storyline [​IMG].

And if your like hardcore and only like action packed games, Try Ninja gaiden if you already havn't.

And try The world ends with you, Tales Of innocence (if know or a jap/game pro).. Contra 4 is extremely hardcore.. but i didn't find it that great.

7. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    The only reason why you think it's shit is because you think the "storyline" is just stupid, isn't it? "ZOMG ITZ THE AGENTZ!!!!"

Honestly, it's a great game, and you really shouldn't hate it because of that simple reason....... It's one of the better games I've played on the DS.... And I have over 60 roms, with over 70 points, taken off of Metacritics....

8. Private|Par

Australia
    ojsinnerz, I think you mean you have over 60 cartridges and have a well-paying job. But yeah, I think that might be why he disliked the game. The story is rather throwaway... But some of the missions are decent. And the christmas song, I nearly cried. And I don't cry often.

9. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    Hahaha... I wish I had a job... Nonetheless, I do plan on buying some games I've liked by the end of the year. And there's.... about 3 games on my list.

And all my friends who had a DS, refuses to play EBA, because they think the storyline is rather "retarded". Well, the storyline is fitting for a younger audience, but still, it's still fairly interesting, or at least, it was for me. Good games shouldn't be neglected, because it's not aimed for the teens...

10. cribby08

Member cribby08 GBAtemp Regular

United States

This is the curse of the Pirate

11. Private|Par

Australia
    Yeah, when I first got my Cyclo I got a big case of pirates disease. Basically I filled it up with about 50 games and then spent the whole time I was meant to be playing choosing which game to play. Then I deleted about 45 of them, and have started adding more. And it cycles. I am deleting games I don't play anymore, so that should slow it down.

12. epicelite
    OP

United States
    No I hate EBA because it is a "LOLOLOLOL MUZIK IS SO KOOLZ LETS MAKE A GAME WHERE YOU TAP BUTTONS ALONG TO SOME MUZIK, L LOL IT WILL SELL MILLIONZ"

I also hate guitar hero, rock band, and audio surf. AS had potential...

What Genres you prefer.
    What your gaming habits are.
    What are the previous 3 games you've played.

1: Real time strategy, but ALL of them have sucked since War craft 3 and EA buying out Westwood.
    2: I have no job and till someplace I applied to calls me back 24/7 gaming. I rather dislike RPG's unless they have a story that is just so amazing I can set aside the RPG aspect of it. Or if it is Chrono Trigger because it does not have random battles it gets +10000 points automatically.
    3: On the DS or altogether?

Here are the 3 games I consider "worth crap" on the DS.
    Resident Evil DS. (PS1 PORT)
    Worms 2 is pretty OK.
    Lameboy
    Sorry I just cannot think of 3 official games...

I am very picky about gaming, I liked Space Invades EXTREME! Then I played it and learned you have to pushed the button EVERY TIME YOU WANT TO SHOOT! WHY CANT I JUST HOLD IT DOWN FOR &#?$ SAKE!!!!!!!
    I usually put a game down when their is 1 or 2 things I dislike about it.

C&C Renegade = BEST. GAME. E-V-E-R.

13. klown07

Newcomer klown07 Advanced Member

United States
    try break em up or tetris. or jump ultimate stars, thats a fun game.

14. epicelite
    OP

United States
    I can't read Jap, and puzzle games get old fast.

15. gov78

Member gov78 Ha made you Look

United Kingdom
    in all honesty i dont think the DS is for you maybe you should sell it and get a PSP

16. klown07

United States
    jump ultimate stars has an english patch. Not fully, but good enough. Any of the mario games. touch detective. jake hunter detective chronicles, the legend of zelda phantom hour glass, dementium the ward, castlevania games, front mission.....

17. Turmoil

Member Turmoil GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    x2

That or maybe you need to find something to do other than gaming as it doesn't seem like you will ever find a game you will enjoy...

18. epicelite
    OP

United States
    Any of the mario games
    Went downhill after SNES.

Touch detective.
    If a name has "touch" in it I don't even bother.

Jake hunter detective chronicles
    Wat?

The legend of zelda phantom hour glass
    Sailing+touchscreen only, WHAT WERE THEY THINKING??????

Dementium the ward,
    Wat?

Castlevania games,
    Only good one is on PS1

Front mission
    Wat?

Maybe I will give this "Jump" game a try but honestly, looks like smash brothers and that just a fancy excuse for a button masher.

The only reason to get a PSP at this point is home brew, I will just wait for the holy grail of handheald gaming.
    http://www.openpandora.org/index.php

19. klown07

United States
    well my last and final suggestion would be to get a girlfriend lol. [​IMG]

20. klown07

United States
    sorry for the double post but, yeah, you could also try going to ndash and browsing ALL the games.....maybe you'll find something that interests you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.