Can't figure out how to use online for bravely default on gateway (norende update data)

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by placebooooo, May 27, 2014.

1. placebooooo
    OP

placebooooo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 9, 2013
    United States
    Philadelphia
    Hello,
    I have recently been trying to go online on bravely default with my gateway but no luck. I'm not sure what it is I need to do to get it running. I tried to "update data" for norende construction but the game gave me an error even while I am on the latest gateway firmware. Can someone walk me through how to do this please? I would really appreciate it. I read on gateway about their dumper or something like that but I swear I didnt see any links or know what to do anyway. Thanks.

p.s: Are there any consequences to this or can i just use online regularly once i get it running in the first place. I only need online to do the update thingy for bravely default.

2. bartimeaus91

bartimeaus91 Stanza Blot Burls Rocks. Meaningless? Maybe not.

Banned
    Apr 4, 2014
    United States
  3. Dewdrops

Dewdrops GBAtemp Regular

Apr 20, 2014
    Malaysia
    You're out of luck. Online is broken at the moment (unless you are on a 7.1 emunand).

4. tjexp

tjexp Happy New Year!

May 20, 2012
    England
    If you do make your game into a 3DZ (its to play online) you will lose your save file

5. misterb98

misterb98 Moral Gateway User. Wat.

Aug 24, 2010
    United States
    You missed Omega 2.2 then. Using a legitimate cartridge's data, you can patch a ROM to allow for online play.

6. placebooooo
    OP

placebooooo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 9, 2013
    United States
    Philadelphia
    damn, this got me. I put in a few hours into the game already and dont want to lose them :(
    Anyhow, I just might hold off on playing this game then until further online updates if any in the future.

and to everyone else, thanks.