Can't erase certain files from my G6lite

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Glacius0, Jan 22, 2007.

1. Glacius0
    OP

Glacius0 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 27, 2005
    Netherlands
    The Netherlands
    Basically something went wrong while using DSorganize. Now the DSorganize directory is reported to be over 5 gigabytes in size and I get an error when I try to delete the directory. I tried running a disk check from windows 2000 but it didn't do anything. I just want to delete the directory. Any idea's or tools that may fix it that don't involve me formatting the whole thing?

2. thegame07

thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 16, 2006
    ds orginise has currpted your flash card. use a programme called swissknife to format it properly (thats what you do if it happens to the ds-x) i think you need to format.

3. Glacius0
    OP

Glacius0 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 27, 2005
    Netherlands
    The Netherlands
    Meh..dont want to format. The directory is not really causing any problems, I can just use my cart as I would normally so is theres no other solutions Ill just leave it on there for now.

4. outphase

outphase Custom title

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    What's so wrong about reformatting to fix the card? You can move all existing files off and put them back on. Lazy is such a bad excuse.

5. sambobuk

sambobuk Member

Newcomer
    Aug 20, 2006
    New Zealand
    You can still keep your games and it is quite recommended to format your flashcart. If you would like to I have written a six-step tutorial which covers backup and everything you need to know!:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=41639&hl=