Can't enter in to emuNAND with A9LH?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Real.96, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Real.96
    OP

Real.96 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 14, 2015
    Italy
    I successfully installed A9LH in my 2DS. It perfectly work but if i press L or R during booting it freezes on a black screen and nothing happens. I read that i must press L at the start up to access to the Gateway menu. I've done something wrong? I've put in the rei folder firmware.bin, firmware90.bin and the two files updatedsysnand and installeda9lh_no.

2. FenrirWolf

FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 19, 2008
    United States
    Sandy, UT
    You haven't updated your sysnand, therefore you shouldn't have the updatedsysnand file there. Also the installeda9lh_no file isn't a thing so I don't know why you made that.

3. Real.96
    OP

Sep 14, 2015
    Italy
    Sorry, i put installeda9lh_no just in case i have to switch it to installeda9lh. And i created the file updatedsysnand ibecause i read that i must use it to update the sysNAND safely...

4. FenrirWolf

Nov 19, 2008
    United States
    Sandy, UT
    That's not what it's for. The updatedsysnand file is for forcing sysnand to autoboot instead of your emunand. So until such a time as you have updated your sysnand, the flag is only making things more confusing for you. Take it off.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

And you definitely don't want to go about updating your sysnand until *after* you have a9lh so there's no reason to even be thinking about that right now.

5. Real.96
    OP

Sep 14, 2015
    Italy
    Uh, ok i delete it now. But does this solve the emuNAND problem?

6. FenrirWolf

Nov 19, 2008
    United States
    Sandy, UT
    It ought to. When you have the flag removed, emunand will autoboot and L/R will launch patched sysnand.

7. Real.96
    OP

Sep 14, 2015
    Italy
    It doesn't work...if i turn on the ds without pressing anything the gataway menu doesn't load. If i turn on the ds pressing L or R it freezes...

8. Rioluwott

Rioluwott GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 23, 2014
    Mexico
    from what i know Gateway doesn´t work with Arm9loaderhax

Zidapi likes this.
  9. Real.96
    OP

Sep 14, 2015
    Italy
    I read that it works if you run the emuNAND instead of the sysNAND. But the problem is that i can't enter in to the emuNAND

10. Rioluwott

Feb 23, 2014
    Mexico
    you are using aureninand right?
    can you send us a screenshot of your folder?

11. FenrirWolf

Nov 19, 2008
    United States
    Sandy, UT
    You should be able to enter the emunand once you get rid of the updatedsysnand file. You might also need to confirm that firmware.bin is in the right place.

12. Real.96
    OP

Sep 14, 2015
    Italy
    Yes, aureinand

The root of the SD card
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

Inside rei folder:

Last edited by Real.96, Mar 8, 2016
  13. FenrirWolf

Nov 19, 2008
    United States
    Sandy, UT
    Wonder if your emunand had menuhax on it and the menuhax install got borked when you updated it?

endoverend likes this.
  14. Real.96
    OP

Sep 14, 2015
    Italy
    The menuhax worked perfectly before restoring the NAND.bin (the emuNAND backup) into sysNAND...so i don't know...

15. Rioluwott

Feb 23, 2014
    Mexico
    so you´re using gateway why not install that cia version of the gateway menu and open it on sysnand
    also try redownloading the FIRMS and copy them to the sd

16. Real.96
    OP

Sep 14, 2015
    Italy
    I tried many times to redownload the FIRMS and copy them to SD. I didn't tried the cia...i tried the 3dsx from homebrew and it didn't worked. I'm going to try the cia now

Wait, how can i use the cia? i'm on 10.6 on sysNAND. I can't boot on gateway if i'm on 10.6. There is no 10.6 payload for the cia

17. FenrirWolf

Nov 19, 2008
    United States
    Sandy, UT
    I'm confused. I'm still not sure if you actually have a9lh installed or not since you've given conflicting information on that. If you do, you should have the file say installeda9lh instead of whatever you did with it. I also don't know if your sysnand is on 9.2 or if it's on 10.6. If sysnand is on 10.6 then you do need the updatedsysnand file. If it's on 9.2 then you don't.

18. Real.96
    OP

Sep 14, 2015
    Italy
    I'm sure that i've got a9lh installed because now, when i turn on the ds i boot immediately into the sysNAND that has the same cia file that emuNAND had. The sysNAND is now at 10.6 as the emuNAND was. I reneamed installeda9lh to installeda9lh_no because now i don't need it, but it can be useful in the future

19. FenrirWolf

Nov 19, 2008
    United States
    Sandy, UT
    You might as well rename it to installeda9lh because there's literally no reason not to. And then yes, I guess you will need the updatedsysnand file, then. That way sysnand autoboots and emunand boots with L/R. I was just confused because you have a file that claims you don't have a9lh even though you do.

20. Real.96
    OP

Sep 14, 2015
    Italy
    This is now what i've got into the rei folder

If i turn on without pressing anything the ds tuns on. If i press L or R it freezes....as before....