Homebrew Can't enter HBC trought emunand

streetbrawler123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi I have a O3ds Running on 9.2(sysnand) & 10,5Rx-Tools (Emunand) I'm trying to enter the homebrew channel trough my Emunand but it keeps crashing.
I Tried to enter the Hbc via Browshax / Oothax and The Homebrewchannel.cia on my emunand and it kept on crashing te odd thing about this is that i dont have a problem if I go into the hbc trought my normal sysnand or crtBootmanager

Can someone help me please.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
lets see.
you did install the homebrew channes cia. you also held Y while starting it up.
did you go to your sd card root and find a new ropbin file that also has your current emunand firmware listed as part of its name? and did you open that ropbin file with an editor, used textsearch to find the boot.3dsx part and renamed boot with however you renamed the boot.3dsx file from the homebrew starter kit?

streetbrawler123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
That's why it wont work configure CTRbootmanager in a way where you can use two boot.3dsx for example leave boot.3dsx for the CIA version and have CTRbootmanager look for HBL.3dsx for example
Thank u I will try this out
lets see.
you did install the homebrew channes cia. you also held Y while starting it up.
did you go to your sd card root and find a new ropbin file that also has your current emunand firmware listed as part of its name? and did you open that ropbin file with an editor, used textsearch to find the boot.3dsx part and renamed boot with however you renamed the boot.3dsx file from the homebrew starter kit?
And yess I did that I did everything that the mini guide told me to do

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
if you did it just as they said, this is exactly how it should work. as long as you also renamed the starter kits boot.3dsx file to bhbl.3dsx and put that in your root.
the way ctrbootmanager is set up shouldn't have anything to do with how that hbl.cia works

could you make a screenshot of your sd cards root? also, while you're there, check the ropbin file again, there's a chance you just removed like, the period by accident or something.

or remove the ropbin file and make a new one holding Y again and rename the boot part once again, making sure its really the same as your homebrewchannels 3dsx file.

Last edited by Clydefrosch,

streetbrawler123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
if you did it just as they said, this is exactly how it should work. as long as you also renamed the starter kits boot.3dsx file to bhbl.3dsx and put that in your root.
the way ctrbootmanager is set up shouldn't have anything to do with how that hbl.cia works

could you make a screenshot of your sd cards root? also, while you're there, check the ropbin file again, there's a chance you just removed like, the period by accident or something.

or remove the ropbin file and make a new one holding Y again and rename the boot part once again, making sure its really the same as your homebrewchannels 3dsx file.

Okay here a picture of my Sd root, Boot Text doc and apicture of the payload
Root.png

boot.png

payload.png

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you're connected to the internet when attempting to launch Homebrew Launcher from your installed CIA.

streetbrawler123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Make sure you're connected to the internet when attempting to launch Homebrew Launcher from your installed CIA.
I only have to do that for the first time right

and also the first time I boot up hombrew menulauncher instead of sending me to the homebrew channel the It gave me the red screen

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You spelled "trout" wrong, also you shouldn't be trying to run trouts on your EmuNAND or 3DS all together, I don't think Nintendo ever implemented trout support.

In all seriousness, if you're running CTRbooter or anything similar with wait time set to 0, you'll want to follow these steps:

1: Make sure you're connected to the internet.

2: Run Homebrew Menu Launcher while holding Y.

3: Force shutdown the consoles (it ran your CTRbooter which automatically went to rxTools, but you're already in rxMode)

4: Open the payload, that Homebrew Menu Launcher downloaded to the root of your SD, with your favorite HexEditor.

5: find the string "boot.3dsx" and rename it to something with the same number of characters, like "menu.3dsx".

6: Grab smealum's Homebrew Launcher and rename it to whatever you changed the string to and copy it to the root of your SD card.

Now it should work fine with your setup, assuming that was your setup. If that's not your setup, then I'll need more details.

streetbrawler123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
the hbl 3dsx file seems bigger than it should be.
try using the latest one https://smealum.github.io/ninjhax2/boot.3dsx

other than that, there is no reason this shouldnt be working.
really, the only thing i could still think of is the hbl cia being corrupted for some reason. maybe remove that one and reload it

I tried it with a new boot file still didnt work I will make a vid and show you

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You spelled "trout" wrong, also you shouldn't be trying to run trouts on your EmuNAND or 3DS all together, I don't think Nintendo ever implemented trout support.

In all seriousness, if you're running CTRbooter or anything similar with wait time set to 0, you'll want to follow these steps:

1: Make sure you're connected to the internet.

2: Run Homebrew Menu Launcher while holding Y.

3: Force shutdown the consoles (it ran your CTRbooter which automatically went to rxTools, but you're already in rxMode)

4: Open the payload, that Homebrew Menu Launcher downloaded to the root of your SD, with your favorite HexEditor.

5: find the string "boot.3dsx" and rename it to something with the same number of characters, like "menu.3dsx".

6: Grab smealum's Homebrew Launcher and rename it to whatever you changed the string to and copy it to the root of your SD card.

Now it should work fine with your setup, assuming that was your setup. If that's not your setup, then I'll need more details.

I also did this and till didnt work and wat do u mean with ''trout''

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: HBD 2U