Hardware Can't dump Mario Kart Wii with CleanRip

ComboOfWombo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if I put this in the wrong place, but I really need help! I'm trying to dump some of my favorite Wii games to use in USB Loader GX! I've dumped a few GC games as well, and they work perfectly! But whenever I try to dump Mario Kart Wii, it says "Unrecovered read error" I know the disc isn't screwed up because when I played it through normal means (loading through disc channel), it played flawlessly! Can anyone help me figure this out? Thanks!

EDIT: I updated my cIOS's, and it seems to be progressing further through the dump than last time... fixed?

EDIT 2: damn it... same error again...

Last edited by ComboOfWombo,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try holding the disc up to a light source. It may not have scratches but the foil could have a hole in it. You can estimate where on the disc the problem is by how far the progress makes it before it fails. The problem may be on an area of the disc that the game doesn't use but CleanRip reads the entire disc.

You could also try just using the dumper in USB Loader GX. I think it only reads the system area and the data partitions.

ComboOfWombo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try holding the disc up to a light source. It may not have scratches but the foil could have a hole in it. You can estimate where on the disc the problem is by how far the progress makes it before it fails. The problem may be on an area of the disc that the game doesn't use but CleanRip reads the entire disc.

You could also try just using the dumper in USB Loader GX. I think it only reads the system area and the data partitions.
Last time I tried to dump ANYTHING with USBLGX, it just softlocked. But I tried it again just for the hell of it, and it seems to be progressing just fine! Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s