OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I seem to have a problem with sony vegas. The image imports from firefox or the internet and shows up fine in the video preview, but as soon as I add options to the picture media, it becomes a red screen in the video preview, and sony vegas asks me where did the temp file go that I just imported went, and gives me the option to find it, ignore it, or assign a new file for it. Its like Ve.gas is deleting them as soon as I import it.

Before I used to be able to drag an image from the internet and drag it onto the tray icon with Sony Vegas and instantly import it and just put the file into TEMP.

i'm going to be importing many many images from the internet..and if I could drag and drop like I could before...this would help me out greatly.

strange thing is that if I run Vegas PRO as admin, it actually doesn't even let me drag and drop the image from the internet onto the timeline and gives me a black circle with a cross through it.

Im using Windows 8 64 bit and Sony Vegas PRO 10.0

Thanks! :D

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Afraid I do not use vegas so I can not help with your specific problem. However I will instead suggest you keep your sources locally/within your grasp, it is generally a good idea to do this for a whole host of reasons. If you ultimately trim an entire clip down to a few frames then consider rendering that clip out as the shorter version but otherwise keep the lot.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
oh okay...that's going to take a whole lot longer = /

I have to save each individual image and drag that saved image into the timeline...with about 500+ images.

its a problem with Vegas, I installed Vegas onto my Windows XP 32 bit computer and it does the same thing.

raaargh....

stanleyopar2000

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
CTRL+A, then drag and drop...

CTRL+A in vegas or Firefox?

CTRL+A just selects everything in vegas / firefox. tried that and maybe it was just by chance..it displayed the image in the video preview longer....but when I wanted to use the transitions or edit it...it disappeared again and vegas asked me where it went :wtf:

jargus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like the images are being cleared from your temp memory in Firefox. Find a way to keep that from happening or save a local copy. If it was me it would be the latter unless I was throwing something quick together.

stanleyopar2000

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like the images are being cleared from your temp memory in Firefox. Find a way to keep that from happening or save a local copy. If it was me it would be the latter unless I was throwing something quick together.

it does this on internet explorer and firefox...also..i've gone to Sony Vegas 11 and it does the same thing. It also does this on a windows XP machine with Vegas 10

im getting confused.....:crazy:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, no