Can't Drag and Drop into Sony Vegas PRO 10 from Internet

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by stanleyopar2000, May 29, 2013.

1. stanleyopar2000
    OP

stanleyopar2000 The Official GBATEMP Thread Killer. No Mercy.

Jun 22, 2007
    United States
    Hi,

I seem to have a problem with sony vegas. The image imports from firefox or the internet and shows up fine in the video preview, but as soon as I add options to the picture media, it becomes a red screen in the video preview, and sony vegas asks me where did the temp file go that I just imported went, and gives me the option to find it, ignore it, or assign a new file for it. Its like Ve.gas is deleting them as soon as I import it.

Before I used to be able to drag an image from the internet and drag it onto the tray icon with Sony Vegas and instantly import it and just put the file into TEMP.

i'm going to be importing many many images from the internet..and if I could drag and drop like I could before...this would help me out greatly.

strange thing is that if I run Vegas PRO as admin, it actually doesn't even let me drag and drop the image from the internet onto the timeline and gives me a black circle with a cross through it.

Im using Windows 8 64 bit and Sony Vegas PRO 10.0

Thanks! :D

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    Afraid I do not use vegas so I can not help with your specific problem. However I will instead suggest you keep your sources locally/within your grasp, it is generally a good idea to do this for a whole host of reasons. If you ultimately trim an entire clip down to a few frames then consider rendering that clip out as the shorter version but otherwise keep the lot.

3. stanleyopar2000
    OP

Jun 22, 2007
    United States
    oh okay...that's going to take a whole lot longer = /

I have to save each individual image and drag that saved image into the timeline...with about 500+ images.

its a problem with Vegas, I installed Vegas onto my Windows XP 32 bit computer and it does the same thing.

raaargh....

4. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    CTRL+A, then drag and drop...

5. stanleyopar2000
    OP

Jun 22, 2007
    United States
    CTRL+A in vegas or Firefox?

CTRL+A just selects everything in vegas / firefox. tried that and maybe it was just by chance..it displayed the image in the video preview longer....but when I wanted to use the transitions or edit it...it disappeared again and vegas asked me where it went :wtf:

6. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    I meant after downloading the images, when they're in a folder and you want to move them to Vegas.

As for downloading the images in bulk, it depends on if they're all in one folder, or are using a specific naming scheme, etc... might be something you can script up with wget.

7. jargus

jargus GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 11, 2007
    United States
    Sounds like the images are being cleared from your temp memory in Firefox. Find a way to keep that from happening or save a local copy. If it was me it would be the latter unless I was throwing something quick together.

8. stanleyopar2000
    OP

Jun 22, 2007
    United States
    it does this on internet explorer and firefox...also..i've gone to Sony Vegas 11 and it does the same thing. It also does this on a windows XP machine with Vegas 10

im getting confused.....:crazy: