Can't download legit game update e-shop

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Shamier, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Shamier
    OP

Shamier Member

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2014
    Netherlands
    Rotterdam, Netherlands
    I removed my Pokemon X game update cia file.
    Now I can't download the legit update through the e-shop.. what can I do to get the legit update? :(

I want to play a Pokemon X cart in Gateway Classic mode.
    In order to do that... a legit e-shop game update is required.

2. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    Your gonna have to system format or maybe someone has a simpler method that involves fixing the ticket.

3. Shamier
    OP

Shamier Member

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2014
    Netherlands
    Rotterdam, Netherlands
    Wait.. you mean system formatting Sysnand? Even though all this stuff happens in Emunand?

My Sysnand and Emunand are unlinked btw...
    I'm quite disappointed after this sh*t :(

Last edited by Shamier, Nov 20, 2015
  4. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    Oh Emunand ummm you could import a sysnand dump using this
    emuNAND Tool - Release and Support thread

and update Emunand again if that sounds like an option, this is why people like the eShop so much it's to get working updates for your system.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

@cearp is there a solution to this? If there is i'd like to know aswell.

5. Shamier
    OP

Shamier Member

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2014
    Netherlands
    Rotterdam, Netherlands
    There has got to be another way... like editing ticket.db
    It doesn't matter if it takes many hours to edit it

I got to remove the fake .cia stuff from the ticket.

Last edited by Shamier, Nov 21, 2015
  6. shadowofdarkness

shadowofdarkness GBAtemp Fan

Apr 17, 2007
    Canada
    If you have a extra memory card laying around set it up from scratch and then in it download the legit update. After that you can install it on your regular card.

This will cause Nintendo to register the ticket on your account and then you will not have a ticket miss match on your regular card and server.

Shamier likes this.
  7. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    yeah this is why bad cias are not good, good to always use FunkyCIA.
    that will make sure the decryption key is always correct.

i think i read about someone ages ago fixing a problem like this, removing a fake ticket.
    i forget the way they did it, it wasn't editing the ticket.db though. maybe they system restored or something
    I'm not sure if it will be as simple as editing the ticket.db, because it must have checksums... so if we manually edit it it will probably bork :(

the ticket is on the nand, not the sd card

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

you could copy over your sysnand ticket.db to emunand, the fake ticket shouldn't be there :) rxtools i think can do this in an easy way, or you can do it manually if you xor your nand and decrypt it etc etc

8. shadowofdarkness

Apr 17, 2007
    Canada
    I should clarify, I meant set it up from scratch including making a new emunand on it and using that one.

9. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    Is there no way you can share the FunkyCIA source with someone who can make a clean GUI that is user friendly?

Last edited by Xenon Hacks, Nov 21, 2015
  10. MelonGx

MelonGx GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 8, 2009
    China
    Python can be viewed by Notepad.
    It's both a source and a compiled program.

11. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    someone ported it to a (java?) version called coffeecia, i never tried it, but hopefully it is just as functional, it has a gui :)
    i like my python one because i run it on a server :)

12. Shamier
    OP

Shamier Member

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2014
    Netherlands
    Rotterdam, Netherlands
    Can you clarify this a little further? And Cearp and the rest.. Thnx for taking the time to help me out so far!

13. shadowofdarkness

Apr 17, 2007
    Canada
    Shamier likes this.
  14. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
  15. Shamier
    OP

Shamier Member

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2014
    Netherlands
    Rotterdam, Netherlands
    I already solved the problem! I inserted a new clean SD card, formatted Emunand, downloaded the e-shop updates on the new cart.
    After that.. I inserted my normal (problematic) SD card and all of a sudden the error in downloading the e-shop game updates was GONE!!!

Thnx everyone for helping me out!!

If anyone needs help with this just let me know.. it's very easy to be honest.
    No messing around with ticket.db or anything.

Last edited by Shamier, Nov 21, 2015
    cearp likes this.
  16. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    i'm not sure how that worked, especially if the emunands were separate... but glad you fixed it :)

Shamier likes this.
  17. Shamier
    OP

Shamier Member

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2014
    Netherlands
    Rotterdam, Netherlands
    The solution was quite simple.
    Just make a second Emunand on another SD card. Download the game updates on that second Emunand. (And yes I always unlink from Sysnand).

The E-shop registers you as a legitimate downloader of the game updates.

Turn off the 3DS, swap to your normal Emunans SD card and you're still recognized as a legit owner of the game updates when entering and trying to download from E-shop.

'Re-download' them from e-shop and it will overwrite the fake tickers without noticing and they will install without any error!

Prior to this all... I did remove the .cia game updates which caused this problem to begin with.

I wanna thank @shadowofdarkness because it's basically what he said!

Last edited by Shamier, Nov 22, 2015
    Lucifer666 likes this.
  18. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    i mean i understand what you did but just not how it works, i thought the problem was on the 3ds and about tickets, but maybe it is server side.. if you were maybe in classic mode or without hacks maybe it would be different if the bad ticket would be ignored, becuase the signature is wrong.

19. Shamier
    OP

Shamier Member

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2014
    Netherlands
    Rotterdam, Netherlands
    I have the strong feeling it's an e-shop server related problem. An installed .cia game update also registers you at the Nintendo servers as 'downloaded the game update'. But it somehow knows it's
    not exactly the same as their game updates. A perfectly made .cia update would never cause this whole problem.

So no wonder it tries to 'redownload' in e-shop when you haven't even downloaded the update in the first place.

That official 'redownload' cannot continue since you never got it from the eshop to begin with and that's causing the whole 99% downloading error!

So that's why a second Emunand is needed to get you the status of legitimate first time downloader at the Nintendo e-shop servers.

After that... The e-shop is tricked in believing that I made a legitimate first download and I can just swap in my original Emunand and the downloads work.

So like you said.. It's an e-shop server registering problem which seems very logical right now.

Last edited by Shamier, Nov 22, 2015
  20. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    sure but ages ago when i was first making FunkyCIA i think you can redownload content that you 'don't really own', if the ticket from the cia was good enough/and using hacks, so that is why i'm confused :)

Shamier likes this.