icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
thanks for clarifying it for me.

I thought maybe the patch caused it to be more or less then what it was supposed to be,but the saves does seem more logical.

hackotedelaplaqu

Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
France
Just to report that recovery of nand backups made with bootmii beta3 work for me without any of both fixes above (simulation goes without error).
I can't be the only one ?
My wii is PAL 4.1 (LEH).
Bootmii as boot2 and IOS (simulation was made on boot2)

The process (backup and restore) is slower than it was with beta 2.

Izzy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I think we can make a conclusion that Beta 3 has HUGE compability problems with it comes to Recovery.

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
hackotedelaplaque said:
Just to report that recovery of nand backups made with bootmii beta3 work for me without any of both fixes above (simulation goes without error).
I can't be the only one ?
My wii is PAL 4.1 (LEH).
Bootmii as boot2 and IOS (simulation was made on boot2)

The process (backup and restore) is slower than it was with beta 2.
just guessing i would think The hackmii installer 0.3 i believe already contains the new ppcboot, so restoring should now work for most people now, Still some says it doesn't

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BlackAce83 said:
just guessing i would think The hackmii installer 0.3 i believe already contains the new ppcboot, so restoring should now work for most people now, Still some says it doesn't

Yeah but the hackmii installer doesnt contain the ppcboot.Its made when you install bootmii so unless they changed it in the installer it still wouldnt work probly.

Im gonna download the installer again and reinstall bootmii and make a backup and see what happens.

Dan_Aykroyd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I've been trying to make a backup & restore with the current 0.3 HM Installer posted at their site, and I didn't got the message you were talking about of "Dump from a different Wii". The whole restore simulation passed OK, and you got the message BEFORE simulation even started, right? Or when was it?

Izzy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Atleast I got it everytime I tried to restore a Beta 3 NAND Backup before even the simulation even would start.

Izzy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I suggest everyone go back Beta 2 or wait for an updated Beta 3/Beta 4 WELL tested.
I've still got my Beta 2 nand backup that works and I'm not doing anything that could hurt my Wii anyways.

Brewaholic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah, I also went back to Bootmii Beta2 and it didn't recognize my nand file either so I went back to v 0.3. I used a hex editor. Bootmii froze up in the middle of me restoring my nand after I tweaked the nand file with the hex editor. I waited a few minutes to be sure and had to power my Wii down. Luckily Bootmii was created slick enough to continue from where the restore left off. Damn, I love those guys.
I assume only way the new PPCboot.elf fix will work is if a nand backup is made and is a result from it being present. So I replaced the buggy one with it. Now I'm going to try making a nand backup and see if it will give me an error when I go for the restore.

Edit: I tried it and it still doesn't work so I just went back and replaced with the original ppcboot.elf. I also noticed that the console ID part that was produced by the supposed ppcboot.elf fix was different from both the key.bin fixed in the Hex editor (Correct way) and that which is produced by the original ppcboot file for v 0.3. The previous boot file ended up coming out better in the end it seems.

ecw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am still on Beta 1. Other than the "not formatting" the SD card, I seen no reason to upgrade. Also, didn't they change it so you have to have Trucha to use Beta 2 or 3?

Wiill

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After using redia's program and renaming the fixed key and putting it where the original key was I am still not able to recover and it still says its for a different wii.

redia

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Wiill said:
After using redia's program and renaming the fixed key and putting it where the original key was I am still not able to recover and it still says its for a different wii.
mmm
interesting.
could you upload your keys.bin and keys-fixed.bin and pm me the link (don't share it for everyone)
I will see if there is a problem with the structure and in case I find an error I will update the tool.

Cheers,
R

Brewaholic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Beta 3 bug isn't too big of a deal. One just has to do a little manual input to do the nand restore after making a backup whenever they need it. I saved my corrected 'key.bin' file in the folder with my other nand backups and will just append it to the 'nand.bin' file when I need to . The reason I think it froze in the middle of the Restoremii after the key.bin file was fixed and appended to the nand file was after the numerous tries to do a restore and getting the 'Dump is from a different Wii' error and also having the SD card absent for a little while fixing the files on the PC. I also noticed sometimes it wouldn't immediately go into the Restoremii Simulation after pressing the 'Reset/A' button a few times after getting the error when attempting again with the fixed appended 'nand/key.bin' files. So I think it's best to turn the power off let the Wii reset after numerous tries then try again and it goes through with the restore. I just hope the Restoremii freezing in the middle isn't another definate bug after fixing Beta 3's own dump. I know a lot of people will screw themselves up if they panic and don't know that Bootmii will continue from where it left off if they have to power off the Wii if it does freeze in the process. All they have to do is break that rule of turning the Wii off during the restore if it does freeze and run the backup again. All the blocks that it did restore will all be grey at first cause they've already been restored and don't need to be changed. Then when it gets to where it left off it will continue like normal and all is well.

mattjd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I did a dump with Bootmii beta 3 then i fixed the key.bin with Redia's tool then i used Redia's tool to apply the fixed key.bin to the nand.bin and when i put the keys.bin and nand.bin on the root of my sd card and then try to do a restore it still tells me that this dump is from another wii....

redia

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
mattjd said:
I did a dump with Bootmii beta 3 then i fixed the key.bin with Redia's tool then i used Redia's tool to apply the fixed key.bin to the nand.bin and when i put the keys.bin and nand.bin on the root of my sd card and then try to do a restore it still tells me that this dump is from another wii....
mattjd,

see my previous answer, pm me both the keys.bin and keys-fixed.bin.
I will see if there is something I can do for you.

Cheers,
R

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Brewaholic said:
if they panic and don't know that Bootmii will continue from where it left off if they have to power off the Wii if it does freeze in the process. All they have to do is break that rule of turning the Wii off during the restore if it does freeze and run the backup again. All the blocks that it did restore will all be grey at first cause they've already been restored and don't need to be changed. Then when it gets to where it left off it will continue like normal and all is well.

This is obviously only meant to bootmii users who have installed it to boot2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.