Hacking Can't desolder the F2 Fuse

MLRX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No mater how much concentration and effort i put into it, I can't desolder it. Maybe I'm not putting the soldering iron to te right spot on the F2 Fuse? IDK can someone please tell me how to do this. My DSL has been broken for over a year and I really want to get this working. Thanks
yaynds.gif

gameguy95

Needs More Furries!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
desolder??? why would you want to take it off?
also: could you please tell me where i could buy some replacement fuses for DS or DSL? thank you if you can because i really want to stop borrowing my sister's DSL and i just don't have the $ for another DSi Flashcart when my m3i0 screwed me over after about a month or 2.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The correct way to desolder it would be using a Hot Air Station or ChipQuik.

Since those are respectively pretty costly and difficult to find, just solder a wire as a jumper (or place a blob of solder on it, but be cautious, if you do that).

You just need to connect both sides with solder and/or wire, to effectively jumper it.

gameguy95 said:
also: could you please tell me where i could buy some replacement fuses for DS or DSL? thank you if you can because i really want to stop borrowing my sister's DSL and i just don't have the $ for another DSi Flashcart when my m3i0 screwed me over after about a month or 2.
You don't necessarily need to, you can just solder over it. Obviously, if you'll have some other power-related problems this time, it won't just be a fuse, but the entire motherboard!
laugh.gif

As for replacement fuses, you can get them on eBay (search for "DS Lite replacement fuses") pretty easily.

BTW, they're standard 500mA SMD Fuses. So you might even try to ask in an electronics shop or at RadioShack (I'm not sure if they have things like that, we don't have RadioShacks here
frown.gif
).

D

Deleted-19228

What is wrong with the DS? No power at all? Is one of the screens flashing? Use a soldering iron and apply a bit of solder to both sides of the fuse and heat it up side to side quickly wihle pushing at it to get it off the contacts.

gameguy95

Needs More Furries!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
raulpica said:
The correct way to desolder it would be using a Hot Air Station or ChipQuik.

Since those are respectively pretty costly and difficult to find, just solder a wire as a jumper (or place a blob of solder on it, but be cautious, if you do that).

You just need to connect both sides with solder and/or wire, to effectively jumper it.

gameguy95 said:
You don't necessarily need to, you can just solder over it. Obviously, if you'll have some other power-related problems this time, it won't just be a fuse, but the entire motherboard!
laugh.gif

As for replacement fuses, you can get them on eBay (search for "DS Lite replacement fuses") pretty easily.

BTW, they're standard 500mA SMD Fuses. So you might even try to ask in an electronics shop or at RadioShack (I'm not sure if they have things like that, we don't have RadioShacks here
frown.gif
).
thank you, i will try to remember that

MLRX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i try to heat its up but im not sure how long to hold the iron on there for and the fuse isnt coming off
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i think im a bad person