Homebrew Can't Decrypt Sun/Moon?

Kurausukun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm booting the latest Decrypt9WIP with A9LH since it has that great new feature that lets you build de-encrypted CIAs of games you have installed. However, it always fails at de-encrypting Pokemon Moon, and I have no idea why. Can anyone point me to likely culprits/things I needed beforehand that I might not have?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure it's not already decrypted?
If so, there might be a new encryption method that Decrypt9 doesn't support.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure it's not already decrypted?
If so, there might be a new encryption method that Decrypt9 doesn't support.
I know that the Lurantis dumps were already decrypted. And cart dumps with Decrypt9 are automatically decrypted.

Kurausukun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not a cart dump, I downloaded it from the eShop. I don't think it's new crypto since someone already posted the music over at hcs. I think I'm just doing something wrong. What are the prerequisites for building and decrypting with Decrypt9WIP? I thought I had everything, but maybe I don't.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not a cart dump, I downloaded it from the eShop. I don't think it's new crypto since someone already posted the music over at hcs. I think I'm just doing something wrong. What are the prerequisites for building and decrypting with Decrypt9WIP? I thought I had everything, but maybe I don't.
You might have to turn it into a CIA with Decrypt9 first then decrypt it.

Kurausukun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I tried dumping it without attempting to decrypt it and I got a .cia file out of it, but it's not quite working correctly. First of all, when I try to dump it, it tells me my ticket is not legit, so it's disabling reencryption. It still dumped, though, so I tried to put it through Asia81's hacking pack to extract the RomFS. It extracted the "DecryptedRomfs.bin" files, along with all the others, but it didn't give me any folders, which it usually does. When I tried to manually extract from the RomFS file using the RomFS Extractor, it told me it wasn't a valid RomFS binary. Can anyone tell what this means?

Goombi

my_crypto = meme_crypto
Trophies
Website
www.goombi.fr
XP
Country
France
I had the exact same error yesterday trying to get into SuMo modding.
Having a DecryptedRomfs.bin but no DecryptedRomfs folder was because my CIA was encrypted.
I'm gonna assume you have access to the latest version of Decrypt9.
Place your CIA in SD:/files9/d9game/ run Decrypt9 and navigate to "Content Decryptor Options"/"CIA File Options..."/"CIA Decryptor (deep)".
Wait for a long time.
Be aware that Decrypt9 overrides the encrypted CIA file. You won't see changes in your d9game folder but your CIA is now decrypted and you should be able to use it with Asia81 HackPack.

Kurausukun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, but when I try doing deep decryption, it fails, and tells me the CIA wasn't encrypted:

JJN57IF.jpg

If you read a few posts back, I mentioned that when I was dumping it, Decrypt9WIP said that the ticket wasn't legit, and it was disabling re-encryption. I have no idea why this would happen, though.

Kurausukun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like I said, I'm using Decrypt9WIP's new CIA builder feature. It's the only way I'm aware of to get real CIA dumps without a cart. I didn't mention this before, but I pre-loaded the game two days before release on the eShop, and I'm on a JPN New 3DS, if any of that is relevant. The whole point is that I wanted to be able to do this without downloading anything extra. In the past, I would use CIAngel to get stuff and then just use Decrypt9WIP for decrypting, but it takes a while to download on a 3DS. I was hoping this would work, but I guess it's possible the feature isn't working properly yet.

Last edited by Kurausukun,

Kurausukun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know, but I'd really rather figure out what the problem is--it's not that I need the Sun & Moon dumps badly, it's that I want to be able to dump stuff myself, and I'm not sure why this isn't working properly. I really want to get to the bottom of it.

Reactions: AutumnWolf

Kurausukun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bJ5Auue.png

This is your issue: CIA is already decrypted. You should be able to extract the game files normally.

Please read my above posts; I already tried passing it through the hack pack assuming it was decrypted, and it gave me some files, but it wasn't able to extract the RomFS out of the binary.

Pokemon SM isn't encrypted then? I just tried it with a small game and the feature works properly. My only wild guess is keys are not properly set up

Alright, let's assume my keys are the problem then--how would I go about obtaining all of the fresh, new keys I would need to decrypt stuff?

GoodraIsBae9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright, let's assume my keys are the problem then--how would I go about obtaining all of the fresh, new keys I would need to decrypt stuff?
I have a bunch of them lying on my SD, so not 100% sure which ones are needed, but looking at the github...

slot0x1BkeyX.bin
: This file is needed to decrypt Secure 4 crypto NCCHs and CIAs in every environment
seeddb.bin: Decrypt9 can create and update this file from the seeds installed in your system. This file is needed to decrypt seed crypto NCCHs and CIAs. Note that your seeddb.bin must also contain the seed for the specific game you need to decrypt.

For the first one, look it up online, get the others while you're at it "just in case"
As for the second one, SysNAND/EmuNAND > Miscellaneous > Update SeedDB

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: In emulation overclocked FX chips makes a pretty big difference in frame rate