Can't decide GB or GBP, stock or not

Discussion in 'Other Handhelds' started by TanookiSuit, Jan 18, 2016.

1. TanookiSuit
    OP

TanookiSuit Game Reviewer/Writer -- formerly Vampire Hunter D

Nov 11, 2004
    United States
    Louisville, KY
    Nevermind, ignore this, can't seem to find a way to erase it. I found I'd rather have a stock original gameboy looking more into it. It's what I got when it came out in 89. The pocket is fine but the screen maybe smaller but the GBC in black and white mode would suffice on that.

I had asked about what to pay into an old gb or gbp in excellent 9/10 shape with a clean screen, and then if i went higher backlit/biverting. That part is still tempting, but I don't know, I just guess I'm a mental old fart liking to leave classics classic.

Last edited by TanookiSuit, Jan 18, 2016
  2. Monty Kensicle

Monty Kensicle Yay!

Aug 4, 2008
    United States
    Commonwealth of Virginia
    The OG Gamboy is easier to mod in my opinion, more room to work. Still trying to make a backlight fit properly in this One Gameboy pocket.

Also the Gameboy Everdrive doesn't play nice with the Pocket as it draws too much power if you're planning on using a flash cart.

3. TanookiSuit
    OP

TanookiSuit Game Reviewer/Writer -- formerly Vampire Hunter D

Nov 11, 2004
    United States
    Louisville, KY
    Good tip thanks. Everdrive might be something to look at as far as a few games or homebrew, pirates go. I made the same conclusion and updated my post, but you beat me to the draw erasing it. :D Thanks. I was able to find a stellar deal on an original gameboy within the area that has a clean body all around and light use supposedly.

Everdrive supposedly also is coming for GBA so I'm watching for that, but a nice one that could handle GB/GBC(hybrid and only) games would be excellent.

Monty Kensicle likes this.