Can't decide GB or GBP, stock or not

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nevermind, ignore this, can't seem to find a way to erase it. I found I'd rather have a stock original gameboy looking more into it. It's what I got when it came out in 89. The pocket is fine but the screen maybe smaller but the GBC in black and white mode would suffice on that.

I had asked about what to pay into an old gb or gbp in excellent 9/10 shape with a clean screen, and then if i went higher backlit/biverting. That part is still tempting, but I don't know, I just guess I'm a mental old fart liking to leave classics classic.

Last edited by VmprHntrD,
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I've got a stock pretty GBC but I guess for memories sake and just being true to the time I'd like to step back an era into the old thing.

I'm wondering which I'd be better off with given the age of both. I've been monkeying around on ebay and I can't seem to find a solid fair number to pay for a stock one that isn't scratched up(like 9/10 quality) especially on the screen for either model. And then of course they're dark, if I went with a lit panel on either, biverted or not, I'm uncertain what a fair price to pay for that would be as the parts aren't much but it does take some time and labor to do that too.

I know the old system is heavier and needs more batteries, and the GBP uses less and has the sharper and larger panel so it's kind of a toss up. Anyone have a feeling on this stock or not and prices?

My area is a no fly zone as far as finding old Gameboy and Pocket systems, rarely ever see colors and advanced not much better than that. Having to buy one online, get parts to make it cherry, then more parts to mod it myself kind of eliminates the savings.
The OG Gamboy is easier to mod in my opinion, more room to work. Still trying to make a backlight fit properly in this One Gameboy pocket.

Also the Gameboy Everdrive doesn't play nice with the Pocket as it draws too much power if you're planning on using a flash cart.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good tip thanks. Everdrive might be something to look at as far as a few games or homebrew, pirates go. I made the same conclusion and updated my post, but you beat me to the draw erasing it. :D Thanks. I was able to find a stellar deal on an original gameboy within the area that has a clean body all around and light use supposedly.

Everdrive supposedly also is coming for GBA so I'm watching for that, but a nice one that could handle GB/GBC(hybrid and only) games would be excellent.

Reactions: Monty Kensicle

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Freezer6 @ Freezer6:
    Peppermon i think
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Cheddar carmal and peppermint bins
  • Freezer6 @ Freezer6:
    Cheddar :toot::wub:
  • RichardTheKing @ RichardTheKing:
    I don't like popcorn at all; bland taste, and it got ruined for me because of high school - the school cafeteria reeked of microwave popcorn for several days...utterly revolting, couldn't even enter the place it stunk so bad.
    Nah, for movies I'd rather get a bag of lollies instead of popcorn.
  • Costello @ Costello:
    lollypops? a whole bag?
    +1
    Not lollipops; what Americans would call "candies" or just "candy" IDK. Before the pandemic, cinemas used to have buckets of different ones - sour cola, sour watermelon, and many others; I used to get a scoopful of two or three types into a paper bag to have throughout the movie.
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Pft who needs teeth
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    I got liquid candy once they do so in your face dentist
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Rot*
  • s1cc @ s1cc:
    B:whip:
  • RedoLane tempBOT:
    RedoLane has left the room.
  • kenenthk tempBOT:
    kenenthk rolls 1d6 and gets 6 (6).
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Aye let's go got 6
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i agree popcorn is bland but caramel popcorn is really good
  • tabzer @ tabzer:
    butter soy (sauce) popcorn is the way to go
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    yuck, popcorn
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mmmm, popcorn.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bring on the caramel kettle corn pls.
  • HarvHouHacker @ HarvHouHacker:
    Okay, users of Vivaldi on Android: Don't toggle "Desktop Site" on GBAtemp.net. Stuff breaks.
  • ZeroT21 tempBOT:
    ZeroT21 has left the room.
  • ZeroT21 tempBOT:
    ZeroT21 has joined the room.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    The kernel of corn said you won't make me number two.
  • Flame @ Flame:
    @Psionic Roshambo what you been up to as of late?
  • Flame @ Flame:
    any new Chinese cheap stuff?
    Flame @ Flame: any new Chinese cheap stuff?