Hacking Can't copy some saved games.

Sacohen9665

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to copy my Guitar Hero saved games from one of my Wii systems to a second one I got.

On system 1 I have Preloader 0.29JODI and I have the " Remove NoCopy Protection, Allows you to copy any save file, whereas some were protected by default "
enabled.

I was able to copy the game to my SD cards, when I take it to Wii #2 and try to load it I get a message saying the some of the data could not be copied and when I go into the game it's like starting from scratch.

BTW I have Preloader 0.29JODI and I have the " Remove NoCopy Protection, Allows you to copy any save file, whereas some were protected by default "
enabled on Wii #2 also.

Thanks;

Steve

Sacohen9665

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
Use waninkoko's save game manager. that will solve all of your problems.

You will have to do this both with waninkoko's save game manager and if you try to copy your savegame to the wii using the system menu, You must play the game first and create a save before you can copy aq savegame onto the wii.

But when copying a savegame through the system meny, it does a check to make sure that the savegame file is from the same wii, if not it will not let you put it on.

There are a few things that allowed the system menu to copy over saved games that weren't designed for that wii, like the twilight hack, but I believe that requires the trucha bug in the system IOS.

Thanks;

I got Guitar Hero III to work, but not Guitar Hero WT.

GHWT seemed to take a lot longer to extract from Wii 1 then GHIII did and on Wii2 GHWT gave me an error upon installation. I can't remember the exact error now. and my wife is playing GTIII now.

Any ideas???

Thanks;

Steve

Sacohen9665

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
Sacohen9665 said:
BTW I Do have the trucha bug in the system IOS.

Then I guess I was wrong abut that assumption. You're best bet is to google it. I'm not sure if the app that waninkoko put up in his blog is the latest one or not.

heres the link to his blog. You might have to go a few pages back. http://translate.google.com/translate?prev...history_state0=

It is already translated to english through google.

Thanks;

I got Guitar Hero III to work, but not Guitar Hero WT.

GHWT seemed to take a lot longer to extract from Wii 1 then GHIII did and on Wii2 GHWT gave me an error upon installation. I can't remember the exact error now. and my wife is playing GTIII now.

Any ideas???

Thanks;

Steve

Sacohen9665

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
But like I said, make sure you have a save game on the destination wii for that particular game first or it will definately fail.

OK I think that is the problem. I had erased the save gamebecause when I tried to copy it using the System Menu, It said it was already there.

I'll try it tonight.

Thanks

Steve

drh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't get this to work fully.

I basically want to duplicate a Wii.

Our main wii is fixed behind our main TV on the wall in the lounge. I want to duplicate this Wii's data onto a spare Wii we have to take to parties etc.

I have copied all the Mii's over no problem at all.

I have tried a number of techniques for the savegame data.

I have PriiLoader installed, so I have enabled the No Copy fix (for some titles), and tried to use Nintendo's own tools for copying to and from the SD card. I found that despite having this enabled, the primary Wii would still not allow the copying of some game saves.
I haven't persevered with this method yet, because its mainly the Wii Sports & Wii Fit Plus data etc I want to preserve.

I have downloaded the Alpha3 version of SaveGame Manager in this thread and whilst this will extract the savegame data onto the SD card, when I try to Install something like Wii Sports Resort it gives an error.

EDIT:

I got it to work with Wii Fit Plus, (once their is a basic save game for the title) so thats a start. I can't seem to get it to work with Wii Sports Resort though using exactly the same process :-(

I will have another go in the morning to see if I can get all the important titles done by using a combination of using Nintendo's own copy tools (for the games that are allowed) and SaveGame Manager for all the others.

I think this is going to be quite time consuming to duplicate all data for all games, especially as I have to load every game first on the new Wii to get a basic save game file.

Its a shame there isn't a HomeBrew Tool that will allow you to duplicate a Wii in one go (like the Engineers Repair DVD). I don't suppose this has leaked by anyone has it?

drh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, its a little labourious but I managed to do it in the end using just the Wii data menu.

What threw me before, is with the "No Copy fix" enabled, it works but the games that do not normally allow copying of their save game data still show up as greyed out, you just have to ignore it and copy anyway :-)

A final tip for anyone else going down this path, when copying the save game data back to a new empty Wii, you have to load the game up first, so it creates a basic save game data file. You then have to delete that file (I know, doesn't make any sense), then you can copy over the saved data file from the primary Wii.
If you try to copy the save game data file over having never played the game, it will tell you that you have to play the game first to create the save game file. Then when you try to copy the save data file over it will say it already exists!?!?!?! but once you have deleted the save game data file from the Wii's memory, it will allow you to copy the one from the SD card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +2