Cant copy my old sd card to my new one

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by xdarkmario, Sep 6, 2015.

1. xdarkmario
    OP

xdarkmario Philosopher

Dec 30, 2010
    United States
    Mushroom Kingdom
    i just got a 128GB SDXC samsung micro and i formatted the sd to Fat32 and copied all the old files to my new SD and re injected the emunand and i booted up. When i booted up i say the creating home menu data and im like ok....
    then i went to theme management and it said failed to create theme management information.
    open camera and get SD card error.
    try to launch gateway mode freezes and says an error has occurred.
    then i reformat the SD and place it back in without putting my data back (just put the launcher.dat) and everything works
    mu thought is that my old data is encrypted? idk i was able to copydata over and over again without issue but not this time. any ideas?

Edit: i see once i let the folders re create on the blank SD in the nintendo 3ds folder the 2 folders there stayed the same but inside that the folder in there changed maybe ill try manually moving the folder inside there.

2. Cavioe

Cavioe GBAtemp Fan

May 28, 2015
    United States
    You did the steps correct by moving over the emunand partition and the nintendo 3ds folder structure as is. That is what you would do when upgrading your sd card. But for a 128gb what cluster size did you use?

3. xdarkmario
    OP

xdarkmario Philosopher

Dec 30, 2010
    United States
    Mushroom Kingdom
    32k cluster
    And I did hear a warning about we shouldn't switch SD cards on a 3ds from Nintendo but I've done it plenty times before with no issue.

4. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Did you inject the emuNAND with the emuNAND tool or by imaging the entire SD card with Win32DiskImager? The latter is less prone to failure since it ensures everything is kept the exact same.

5. xdarkmario
    OP

xdarkmario Philosopher

Dec 30, 2010
    United States
    Mushroom Kingdom
    second attempt i used emuNANDTool 1.0.3, First time i used partition master but imy old sd was a 32 gb and i i get a error trying to stretch the partition to the full 122gb. So i moved the data to the new folder name but now my emunand is acting odd. some titles say the software could not be launched and are disappearing!?, some launch and say and say an error has occurred then reboots to sysnand

3rd attempt, i used USB img tool and still unstable, some apps launch and say an error has occurred.

what am i supposed to do?

Capture.PNG

Last edited by xdarkmario, Sep 7, 2015
  6. xdarkmario
    OP

xdarkmario Philosopher

Dec 30, 2010
    United States
    Mushroom Kingdom
    what the hell am i doing wrong!? nothing but errors and glitches.
    i think my SD card is bad, but i brought it name brand samsung and new. can N3ds take SDXC?

but without a emunand it seems to be working fine..
    but even if i put the emunand second it will not take the old data

from what i read >here< the first number (ID0) in Nintendo 3DS folder are generated by the console-unique keyslots and the second number inside that folder (ID1) IS generated by some SD card CID so thats why the number changed. but my issue is how am i going to get my old data working again? maybe ill try without the exdata (i believe that has a stricter encryption then other things)

EDIT: SD CARD WAS A FAKE.. refunded.

Last edited by xdarkmario, Sep 9, 2015