Can't connect to wifi at home

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by georaldc, Apr 19, 2011.

1. georaldc
    OP

georaldc Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 19, 2007
    Hi, just got a blue 3ds + Super SF4 during the weekend and I'm pretty darn happy with it [​IMG], but I've been having some trouble connecting it to my wireless network at home. Basically, I have a dlink dir-300 wireless router and its currently set to use WEP so that my ds lite can connect to it. When I go to setup my 3ds network connection, it sees the AP fine and during the test connection, it seems to connect no probs to the router, but once it moves to the next step of connecting to the net, it fails almost instantly with a 003-2101 error. I even tried all sorts of different security types, not using dhcp, even using no security and same thing. Everything else hooked up to my router works though, whether it be a wired or wireless connection (PC, laptop, ps3, ds lite, psp etc). Heck, even the DS wifi settings for the 3DS test connects successfully...

I already tried updating the firmware to the one that includes the free 3d video by connecting wirelessly at my work place and still, I am greeted with the same 003-2101 at home. I also tried unplugging everything from the network so that the 3ds would be the only one connecting and still nothing. Anyone have an idea what's up? Thanks for any help

EDIT:
    I forgot to mention that it did connect once yesterday, but then I tried redoing the test connection afterwards just to be sure and it failed and never connected again until now T_T

2. Snailface

Snailface My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing

Sep 20, 2010
    Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
  3. lostdwarf

lostdwarf GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 2, 2008
    ENGLAND
    D-links dont seem to like my Nintendo products. My friend has one and my wii wont connect at all and my dsi and 3DS struggled a LOT.

4. AlanJohn

AlanJohn くたばれ

Jan 6, 2011
    Canada,New Jersey
    I have dir-300 too.
    You just need to put the IP on your 3DS to static.
    It should be 192.168.1.103

5. georaldc
    OP

georaldc Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 19, 2007
    @Snailface
    Thanks for the suggestion but that didn't work for me. It gets to the internet connecting test part then same error shows up

Hi, already tried using a static ip and it didn't make any difference. I don't think that's the problem since it seems to connect fine to the router either way. It just keeps failing the internet test.

6. Nollog

Nollog GBAtemp Addict

Oct 10, 2008
    Did you give it a static IP in the router AND the 3DS?

7. georaldc
    OP

georaldc Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 19, 2007
  8. Nollog

Nollog GBAtemp Addict

Oct 10, 2008
    Weird how it works in DS compatibility mode but not for 3DS.

9. georaldc
    OP

georaldc Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 19, 2007
    Exactly. Man, I hope the major update coming this May will solve the problem, but I don't know. I can't seem to find anyone else with the same problem

10. Nollog

Nollog GBAtemp Addict

Oct 10, 2008
    I dunno.
    It looks like it's trying to connect to something.nintendo.com to test the connection and your dns isn't up to scratch.
    Not sure the ds did that.

11. JPhantom

JPhantom GBAtemp Regular

Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    For me I had to define the ip, subnet, gateway, and DNS manually but it worked fine then. I have a dlink dir-655 myself