Hacking Can't connect to the internet

JohnathanMonkey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I was using IOSUHAX, before I installed CBHC and use the autoboot now, and I was able to connect to the internet just fine. Now, I can't connect without changing the IP address to a specific address and setting the DNS to google servers. Has anyone else experienced this? It makes everything 10x slower. Eshop actually boots me out because it is so slow. I am open to all ideas or suggestions. Thank you for any help.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno, sometimes i actually lose connections at random after long use. Basically if i was online for long time the wifi will disable, and have to restart system to work again, funny but strange. But the wii u wifi has always been awful so i dunno.

Maybe try rebooting the router?

JohnathanMonkey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno, sometimes i actually lose connections at random after long use. Basically if i was online for long time the wifi will disable, and have to restart system to work again, funny but strange. But the wii u wifi has always been awful so i dunno.

Maybe try rebooting the router?

I should have detailed everything that I have done and I apologize for that. I have rebooted the router while the Wii U was on and off, I have tried booting into IOSUHAX from the CBHC menu. I appreciate the response!

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I should have detailed everything that I have done and I apologize for that. I have rebooted the router while the Wii U was on and off, I have tried booting into IOSUHAX from the CBHC menu. I appreciate the response!
Did you try WPS? If your router has it, perhaps try it. It usually should work in most cases.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, I don't have that :/ Thank you for your quick responses though and I love your sig!
Okay, well to be clear the thing is you cannot connet to internet unless using a specific IP address? Have you tried auto obtain? Usually sometimes if two devices connected to the router at the same time have same ip address it wouldn't work.

JohnathanMonkey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, well to be clear the thing is you cannot connet to internet unless using a specific IP address? Have you tried auto obtain? Usually sometimes if two devices connected to the router at the same time have same ip address it wouldn't work.

Yes I am forced to use a manual IP address because it won't connect with auto connect.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I am forced to use a manual IP address because it won't connect with auto connect.
I dunno, perhaps maybe check the DHPC settings on the router. That is usually how the auto obtain ip functions based on those settings. you may have to reset the settings on the router and then use some kind of wizzard setup process or another.

D

Deleted User

I dunno, perhaps maybe check the DHPC settings on the router. That is usually how the auto obtain ip functions based on those settings. you may have to reset the settings on the router and then use some kind of wizzard setup process or another.
Exactly. From what I hear, your router's DHCP setting may be turned off. Do other devices connect to your Wi-Fi without you having to manually specify an IP address/subnet/etc.?

JohnathanMonkey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly. From what I hear, your router's DHCP setting may be turned off. Do other devices connect to your Wi-Fi without you having to manually specify an IP address/subnet/etc.?

Everything else connects as it is supposed to. The DHCP settings seem to be fine. I can see everything that is connected to the internet on my network.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well since you have listed that you installed CBHC and that's when it started why not back track a bit.

Start by uninstalling CBHC. Use the same installer in HBL to uninstall it. Test your boot to make sure it's gone.

Now test Internet. Still no DHCP?

Uninstall haxchi. DO NOT DO THIS STEP UNTIL YOU ARE 100% SURE CBHC IS REMOVED. I cannot stress this enough.

Remove Haxchi by deleting all the data inside of data management for the DS game you bought from the eshop.

Test Internet. Still not working?

Unplug your USB drive.

Leave all USB unplugged and do a system wipe. AGAIN MAKE CERTAIN THAT CBHC HAS BEEN PREVIOUSLY UNINSTALLED.

Set up the wii u. Test Internet before any hacks.

Still not working? Somethings wrong with your wifi.

Re download the DS game you bought from the eshop. Reinstall Haxchi. Reinstall CBHC. Plug your USB drives back in

JohnathanMonkey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well since you have listed that you installed CBHC and that's when it started why not back track a bit.

Start by uninstalling CBHC. Use the same installer in HBL to uninstall it. Test your boot to make sure it's gone.

Now test Internet. Still no DHCP?

Uninstall haxchi. DO NOT DO THIS STEP UNTIL YOU ARE 100% SURE CBHC IS REMOVED. I cannot stress this enough.

Remove Haxchi by deleting all the data inside of data management for the DS game you bought from the eshop.

Unplug your USB drive.

Leave all USB unplugged and do a system wipe. AGAIN MAKE CERTAIN THAT CBHC HAS BEEN PREVIOUSLY UNINSTALLED.

Set up the wii u. Test Internet before any hacks.

Still not working? Somethings wrong with your wifi.

Re download the DS game you bought from the eshop. Reinstall Haxchi. Reinstall CBHC. Plug your USB drives back in

Very good idea! I will post the results in a bit. Thank you!

EDIT 1: So, with CBHC uninstalled, I immediately have internet access. I feel like I don't need to go any further back sense it's working. I will re-install CBHC and see if I can still connect.

Last edited by JohnathanMonkey,

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very good idea! I will post the results in a bit. Thank you!

EDIT 1: So, with CBHC uninstalled, I immediately have internet access. I feel like I don't need to go any further back sense it's working. I will re-install CBHC and see if I can still connect.
Make sure you have latest versions of CBHC and HaxChi

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm. That's weird. I haven't heard of CBHC messing up peoples internet. That's a new one. If it still doesn't work then just leave CBHC uninstalled until some other cold boot method comes along. It only really saves you a single click of HaxChi

JohnathanMonkey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm. That's weird. I haven't heard of CBHC messing up peoples internet. That's a new one. If it still doesn't work then just leave CBHC uninstalled until some other cold boot method comes along. It only really saves you a single click of HaxChi

I thought that my issue was probably 1 in a million. I will do what you said and just use Haxchi in the meantime. Thank you very much for your assistance!

Reactions: Kafluke

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought that my issue was probably 1 in a million. I will do what you said and just use Haxchi in the meantime. Thank you very much for your assistance!
You may want to head over to the CBHC official thread and say something there about it messing up DHCP for you. I'm pretty sure that FIX94 monitors that thread.

JohnathanMonkey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You may want to head over to the CBHC official thread and say something there about it messing up DHCP for you. I'm pretty sure that FIX94 monitors that thread.

So I just fixed my issue... all I had to do was move my USB thumb drive from the front, to the back and it works just fine now.... Maybe it has something to do with the power consumption?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night