Can't connect to network with USB drive plugged in

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by D34DL1N3R, Nov 14, 2016.

1. D34DL1N3R
    OP

D34DL1N3R Nephilim

Dec 6, 2008
    United States
    Any reason for this? Even if the drive is turned off I can't connect unless I completely unplug it from the back of the Wii U. Same on both sysNAND and redNAND. Can connect without the USB drive plugged in to the Wii U, can't connect when it is plugged in.

2. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    No idea, I use a USB Ethernet adapter.

3. cruplezone

cruplezone GBAtemp Regular

Feb 3, 2014
    Canada
    I've got both usbs plugged into a hardrive in the back and gamecube adapter in the front 2... can connect fine

4. D34DL1N3R
    OP

D34DL1N3R Nephilim

Dec 6, 2008
    United States
    Very odd. I can't figure it out for the life of me. The only thing it could be is the powered hub I am using. But why would that effect the network adapter?

This is what arrived in the mail today. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TPMEOYM/

It works perfectly fine for switching between drives (one for vWii & one for Wii U), but I cannot connect to the network with it plugged in to the Wii U. I guess I'll get a dual drive dock instead. Any one use something like this? https://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-External-Duplicator-Function-EC-HDD2/dp/B00IKC14OG/

Last edited by D34DL1N3R, Nov 14, 2016
  5. cruplezone

cruplezone GBAtemp Regular

Feb 3, 2014
    Canada
    The only thing I can think of is that the wiiu is trying to use it as a ethernet adapter

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  6. D34DL1N3R
    OP

D34DL1N3R Nephilim

Dec 6, 2008
    United States
    That's what I was just thinking also. I'd hate to order something else and have it do the same thing.