Can't connect to internet with Tubehax DNS enabled?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by dindinmaster, Feb 11, 2016.

1. dindinmaster
    OP

dindinmaster Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 11, 2016
    United States
    Hey guys, first time poster here since Reddit couldn't help me out. Basically, I just hooked up my Wii U for the first time since last summer and I'm running 5.4.0. I've done a good amount of modding to my old Wii, but I'm brand new to Wii U stuff. All I've done so far is set DNS to Don't Obtain and put in 107.211.140.065 (IIRC) into both primary and secondary. When I do that, I can't connect to the internet. It fails to connect sites like Google and Reddit. The Download Management will say that it's connected to the internet and that it's downloading something. I've let it sit for a few minutes but it only ever ends up saying a system update failed to download. When I disable Tubehax, I can connect to the internet just fine, however. Like I said, I'm brand new here. Am I doing anything wrong? Not sure if it matters but I'm a) on ethernet and b) on college internet. Thanks a ton!

2. Garou

Garou GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 13, 2015
    your ISP might not allow changing DNS
    try change DNS on your computer and see if the same thing happens

3. fiveighteen

fiveighteen High Hopes and Low Expectations

Jun 30, 2008
    United States
    It's trying to download FW 5.5.1 and failing because TubeHax DNS is blocking Nintendo's server. I'd be careful with your test to remove TubeHax DNS and check the internet. 5.4.0 is a good place to be.

4. Voxel

Voxel u wot

GBAtemp Patron
    Voxel is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    England, UK
    My ISP doesn't allow to change DNSs either, so I used Charles Proxy instead. All you have to do is set up the Wii U to connect to the proxy, then on the PC, enable SSL for all update servers the Wii U connects to.

5. cornerpath
    This message by cornerpath has been removed from public view by raulpica, Feb 11, 2016, Reason: wat -rp.
    Feb 11, 2016
  6. Voxel
    This message by Voxel has been removed from public view by raulpica, Feb 11, 2016, Reason: Reply to trashed post -rp.
    Feb 11, 2016
  7. cornerpath

cornerpath GBAtemp Fan

Dec 15, 2014
    United States
    Jackson, Ms
    Might be his isp, or the tubehax address changed, I remember they said in of these days the DNS will might change

8. dindinmaster
    OP

dindinmaster Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 11, 2016
    United States
    That sounds right. I only turned Tubehax off once and won't again. And I changed the power settings to do nothing while the Wii U is off to be extra careful.
    I just looked into that and it could be interesting way to go. It's over my head right now, but I'll look into it as I get more time. I couldn't find much in terms of a guide, but I didn't look very hard yet. Thanks!
    Somebody linked my /r/wiiuhacks post in a post on /r/3dshacks and somebody said that Tubehax is down. I'll just stay patient then!