Hardware Can't connect to internet AGAIN

Oofios

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So last time I couldn't connect my internet but putting my Wii closer to the router seemed to work fine,
but after getting a new router nothing works. I've tried for months to get it to work. I've tried near, not that near, far, far but not as far as the last far and nothing works.
My friend is having the same problem and he even tried an Ethernet adapter.

elk1007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So last time I couldn't connect my internet but putting my Wii closer to the router seemed to work fine,
but after getting a new router nothing works. I've tried for months to get it to work. I've tried near, not that near, far, far but not as far as the last far and nothing works.
My friend is having the same problem and he even tried an Ethernet adapter.

Is the router set up to transmit wireless G?
Have you tried giving the Wii a static IP address?

Reactions: jeannotte

r1vver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Wii have very ancient wireless module.
For example in my case i need to set my router to "11b/g/n mixed" to be able to connect wii to internets, setting "11g/n mixed" is not working for wii. And for sure it (wii) will not work with "11n only" router settings.
If you still have your old router - setup it to work like additional dedicated (for wii only) AP in your network.

Oofios

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii have very ancient wireless module.
For example in my case i need to set my router to "11b/g/n mixed" to be able to connect wii to internets, setting "11g/n mixed" is not working for wii. And for sure it (wii) will not work with "11n only" router settings.
If you still have your old router - setup it to work like additional dedicated (for wii only) AP in your network.
We legit just threw away the old one

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AkiraKurusu @ AkiraKurusu: Though the bed in the Guest Bedroom is so large there's ironically not much space leftover...