Gaming Can't connect to certain websites.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
OP
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
So, since about last week or so, I can't connect to certain websites. The main one being TempCraft. I know it's something with my computer, as I can get on it just fine on my brother's laptop and my mom's desktop, both of which are on my network.

My firewall is off, I've scanned for malware, viruses, etc., and none turned up, I check my hosts file, and nothing there was abnormal, etc...I have no idea what to do, and it's pretty frustrating.

Forstride

OP
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Ace Faith said:
Maybe it's your router/modem acting up?
From my first post:

I can get on it just fine on my brother's laptop and my mom's desktop, both of which are on my network.

If I can get on it on their computers, I'm pretty sure it's not a problem with my router.

ecko

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
TDWP FTW said:
So, since about last week or so, I can't connect to certain websites. The main one being TempCraft. I know it's something with my computer, as I can get on it just fine on my brother's laptop and my mom's desktop, both of which are on my network.

My firewall is off, I've scanned for malware, viruses, etc., and none turned up, I check my hosts file, and nothing there was abnormal, etc...I have no idea what to do, and it's pretty frustrating.
my first thought was host file, but you said you already checked that.
so.....did you try going to those sites with an other browser?

EJames2100

Trophies
XP
Country
I had problems with some websites on Chrome, even though when used via Chrome by other pc's or Firefox/IE on this pc, they displayed fine... Back on Firefox now.

Forstride

OP
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Well, I fixed it the other day, so I figured I'd post how I did so:

I uninstalled AVG.

Yep, AVG was causing the problems. It was blocking TempCraft, along with other websites, and it never notified me, asked to block them, etc. I didn't actually find out until I uninstalled it and tried it again, but still...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr